Welcome Anonymous !

Battletech Universe

The Battletech Roundtable

Harmony Gold Sues Battletech...Again

Enjoy conversations with Battletech fans. Exchange ideas, ask questions, post new content.

Moderators: Ravion Hawk, AVA MANGO TWO, Steve Ronin

Harmony Gold Sues Battletech...Again

Postby Ravion Hawk » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:33 pm

Right now Harmony Gold is targeting Jordan Weisman, Harebrained Schemes LLC, Piranha Games, Inc., and InMediaRes Productions LLC.

The way it reads, HG wants any and all rights to any art derived from the original 12 Unseens. This would cause the Project Phoenix versions to become Unseens along with the New Seen and Mechwarrior Online versions.

BUT, this would give HG the ability to use the Reseens, New Seens, and Mechwarrior Online 'Mechs in the upcoming Live Action Robotech Movie.

Looks like a trial is set in September of 2018.

So far Iron Wind Metals and Catalyst Game Labs have not be directly targeted as of yet.

https://www.unitedstatescourts.org/federal/wawd/242820/
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."
Ravion Hawk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Iron Raven Mercenaries
Iron Raven Mercenaries
Major
Major

Re: Harmony Gold Sues Battletech...Again

Postby Steve Ronin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:31 pm

again?!

you almost think they like being despised by all fans of Mecha.

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE
Steve Ronin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Northwind Highlanders
Northwind Highlanders
General
General
Knight
Knight

Re: Harmony Gold Sues Battletech...Again

Postby Ravion Hawk » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:51 am

Steve Ronin wrote:again?!

you almost think they like being despised by all fans of Mecha.

No kidding.

The scuttlebutt is that HG lost their rights somewhere between 2002-05 and can't use the images themselves. When you take in to account that there is a Robotech movie in the works and the verbiage in the court docs, it looks like they are trying to use old imagery they used to have rights to in order to pull the fleece over the judge's eyes so that the judge will give them all of the Unseens, Reseens, and New Seens so those could be used in the Robotech movie.

If only there was leaked CGI footage of a Battletech Reseen being used as a Destoid...
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."
Ravion Hawk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Iron Raven Mercenaries
Iron Raven Mercenaries
Major
Major

Return to The Battletech Roundtable