Welcome Anonymous !

Battletech Universe

Battletech Design Bureau

Do you want your custom design drawn?

Submit and discuss your custom designed 'Mechs, aerospace,vehicles, protos, battlearmor, weapons, etc.

Moderators: Ravion Hawk, AVA MANGO TWO

Do you want your custom design drawn?

Postby Rad » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:06 pm

ARTWORK COMMISSIONS
====================================
After a great deal of though and time, I have decided to offer my services as an artist. I am willing, for a fee of course, to put pen to paper and turn your custom designs into artwork. And it's not just 'Mechs (though I expect that most of them will be). I will draw tanks, fighters, spacecraft, battlearmor, whatever you want. However, most of this will be in terms of Mechs, since I kinda figure I will be doing more of those than anything else.

If you are unfamiliar with my work, please feel free to browse my gallery over at "Lords of the Battlefield". PLEASE CLICK HERE.

If you do not know me, and are hesitant to work a deal like this with me, look at my trader feedback over at "Lords of the Battlefield". PLEASE CLICK HERE.

If you are interested, please read on for more detailed information on what you get, what I will need from you, how to contact me, etc.

COST
My services will cost you $30 (US dollars for my overseas comrades), payable when the drawing is finished.

Payment can be sent as a Check, Money Order, or PayPal. Where to send payment will be provided when payment is required.

WHAT YOU GET
You get a TRO style image of your design, scanned at 450 dpi. You do not get the physical artwork, I keep that for my portfolio. What you are paying for is my time. It takes me, in total time working, between 2 and 4 hours to produce one of these drawings (sketching, inking, finishing, etc). That comes to on average about $10 per hour.

If you want the actual picture sent to you, it will cost more. I really don't know why you would. The pictures are drawn on 8.5" x 11" cardstock. It really isn't something you'd put in a frame or show off.

Anything more than that takes a great deal more time. If you want something more, we will have to talk, maybe I'll do it, but maybe I won't. I doesn't hurt to ask.

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU
At bare minimum, I need the design with as much info as possible. I need weapons with locations, armor, movement rate (a fast Mech looks different than a slow one: Spider vs. Urbanmech), and arm actuator configuration, again at MINIMUM.

The text output, saved as a ".txt" file for compatibility, from Heavy Metal Pro works great.

Any design input from you is helpful. From a long, detailed, written description, a rough sketch, to as little as "humanoid with forward articulated knees" or "whatever you come up with". Additionally, I'll do varients of existing, official designs. I will not trace anything, these will be hand drawn originals.

If you want a Mech based on a miniature or other piece of art that isn't from an official TRO, include a picture of it in your email, do not assume I either know what you're talking about or know what "it" looks like. You are paying me to draw, not do research ;).

Please keep in mind, you can't rush art. The more you give me, the easier and faster this will be. If I have to make this up from whole cloth, it can take a time (and sometimes not, it's really hard to predict).

HOW THIS WILL WORK
First, contact me via PM with how many you want done (please see LIMITATIONS below). I will contact you via PM and give you my email address. You then send me the information I need.

Once I sketch out the prototype pencil sketches (however long it takes), I will scan them and email the images to you for approval. You reply with approval or requested changes.

Once you are satisfied with the prototypes I will then trace and ink the drawings onto heavy cardstock. Once that is done I will contact you with low-res scans to show I am done.

Once I receive payment, I will send the high-res scans.

LIMITATIONS
First, just in case there is someone who has 200 custom designs and wants their own TRO (an exaggeration I'm sure), please limit your requests to 3 at a time to be fair to everyone else. Once I finish those three, feel free to send me 3 more, etc. Just please, no more that 3 at any given time.

Second, once you have the drawing, there are some (really only one) limits on what you can do. You cannot profit from my work without my permission.

If you are approached by a third party (or you approach someone) about turning the drawing into a miniature, you will have to contact me and get my permission. I will also require further compensation, and I probably won't take free minis, I really just don't need any. I do not care if the compensation comes from you, or the person or group that wants to make the mini. In all reality I won't ask for much, so don't worry, just be sure to check with me first.

Keep in mind, depending on the situation and people involved, the is a small chance I could say "No".

CONTACT
Please do not post art requests here. Feel free to post questions, but nothing else. If you want to contract me to produce art for you, send me a PM. I will then send you my email address and we can exchange information (designs, any input from you, etc).
"I hear and I forget.
I see and I remember.
I do and I understand."
- Chinese Fortune Cookie
Rad
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Postby Blackhawk01 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:07 pm

Thanks for offering your skills Karl!

To let all members know, Karl is a great artist and after you check out his gallery, most of his art has been turned into minis by the Talon Games Company. http://www.talon-games.com

Also available from Exodus Road Hobbies. 8) Awesome minis!

Blackhawk01

Postby AVA MANGO TWO » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:09 pm

Originally he done a few private ventures to, but in due course i do plan on contacting you to do atleast one commission for me of the Nightmare as it became such a popular kitcash over on LOTB and also here, so i would really love to see a rendision drawn up by you hanging in my study/ PC room. :wink: zac
AVA MANGO TWO
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Redstar Renegades
Redstar Renegades
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Rad » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Showing off my latest commission.

I'm rather proud of how this turned out.

"I hear and I forget.
I see and I remember.
I do and I understand."
- Chinese Fortune Cookie
Rad
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Postby Blackhawk01 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:40 pm

A nice change of pace for you Karl!

Blackhawk01

Return to Battletech Design Bureau