Welcome Anonymous !

Battletech Universe

Battletech Design Bureau

A new tagging & identification system.....

Submit and discuss your custom designed 'Mechs, aerospace,vehicles, protos, battlearmor, weapons, etc.

Moderators: Ravion Hawk, AVA MANGO TWO

A new tagging & identification system.....

Postby AVA MANGO TWO » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:00 pm

Ok guys we have a new tagging system in opperation as from today, its very simple to follow and will make life a lot easier and quicker for you when your searching for a particular design you need to find.
So please from now on when you post up a new design there is a tab drop down box at the bottom of the page which allows you to select the following:
Vee, Mech, Aero, Vtol, Ba and Proto
so Please ensure you select the type of design you are entering when you post up your entry, this will then show up in the margin beside the title of your entry on the main forum page.... thanks :D zac
AVA MANGO TWO
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Redstar Renegades
Redstar Renegades
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Justicar » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:57 pm

Feel free to delete if I shouldn't post here.

Any chance we can change the [Mech], et al, from text to a graphic/icon? Aside from that, great idea with the tags.
Justicar
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Postby AVA MANGO TWO » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:08 pm

Any chance we can change the [Mech], et al, from text to a graphic/icon?

Why, what difference would that make :?: the Tag system was introduced as to inform you of the design that you were about to check out. :wink: zac.
AVA MANGO TWO
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Redstar Renegades
Redstar Renegades
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Justicar » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:14 pm

When I look in the forum and see:

[Vee]
[Mech]
[Vee]
[Mech]
[Vee]
[Mech]

It gives me a headache (it's hard on the eyes) and I skip it. Is that clear?
Justicar
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Postby AVA MANGO TWO » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:12 pm

Well im sorry to say that icons are not a option, all i can say is sit a bit further back from ypur monitor... :) zac.
AVA MANGO TWO
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Redstar Renegades
Redstar Renegades
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Dart Omega » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:39 pm

i like it
Dart Omega
Blue Sword
Blue Sword
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Rhoubhe » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:42 pm

Makes it a lot easier

A decent commander knows when to retreat,
A good commander doesn't need to.

Every now and then I get this urge to do some work.
Usually i sit down and wait till it passes.
Rhoubhe

Design submissions

Postby MechRat » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:14 am

Greetings and Hallucinations:

I'm new here - just joined today. Maybe I've overlooked it, but how do you submit designs? Do you have to use a certain program in the creation of the design? Right now I use The Drawing Board for creating designs, as well as plain paper and pencil (I know that's old school, but then again so am I). I appreciate any help in this regard.
On a side note, are there any rules for posting fiction and other diatribes?

Thanks!
(avatar by Knightmare)

"Beware the quiet ones, for you know not what they think." - me

OurBattleTech - A place for Alternate Universes to call home
MechRat
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Postby BlackHornet » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:21 am

Just copy the TRO page from your progam to Notepad.
Start your post using the [*CODE*] command paste your TRO into your message.
Then at the bottom of the message it will give you the option to label it mech, vee or aero.
Pick one and submit.
BlackHawk01-"Everyone knows a cool BattleBuggy needs a bitchin' set of pipes..."
BlackHornet
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Postby AVA MANGO TWO » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:20 pm

Greetings and Hallucinations:
I'm new here - just joined today. Maybe I've overlooked it, but how do you submit designs? Do you have to use a certain program in the creation of the design? Right now I use The Drawing Board for creating designs, as well as plain paper and pencil (I know that's old school, but then again so am I). I appreciate any help in this regard.
On a side note, are there any rules for posting fiction and other diatribes?
Thanks!

Welcome aboard MechRat, yup most ppl use HMP or Drawing Board, simply design your mech as normal then copy your design from your progam over to Notepad or wordpad, then paste your design into your new post option.... :D its that simple. Just remember to use the codeing system at the bottom of the page, its located in a small drop down box as this informs other member what they are about to look at and it also speeds up your searches if your looking for something in particular. looking forward to viewing your designs :D zac
AVA MANGO TWO
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Redstar Renegades
Redstar Renegades
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Coldsteel312 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:35 pm

I been away from BT for a long time( not by chose, no one to play with.). My fav. part about the game is mech design. Is there a computer progam that do not need JAVAscript, and if not where can i download a costfree vesion?
Coldsteel312

Postby General Edwin Amis » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:10 pm

Coldsteel312 wrote:I been away from BT for a long time( not by chose, no one to play with.). My fav. part about the game is mech design. Is there a computer progam that do not need JAVAscript, and if not where can i download a costfree vesion?

HeavyMetal Pro is the top of the line mech design program. Its the official program that is used to create new canon designs, as well as verify custom designs for tournaments and the like. You can find out more about it here. The only catch is that it costs money.

Fortunately there are freeware mech design programs, the most well known of which is probably the Drawing Board. You can download it off this site (click on "The Drawing Board 2.0.23 Full Install").

I hope this helps!

Blackhawk01 wrote:I like the way the General thinks...... :twisted:
General Edwin Amis
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Postby jtbrown » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:11 pm

I've downloaded this file but can not get it to operate; I receive an error message that a file is missing. An email to the contacts at the site was sent over a week ago and I've not heard any sort of a reply.
jtbrown
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Postby General Edwin Amis » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:27 pm

jtbrown wrote:I've downloaded this file but can not get it to operate; I receive an error message that a file is missing. An email to the contacts at the site was sent over a week ago and I've not heard any sort of a reply.

Try this site jtbrown. Near the bottom of that list is the Drawing Board Program. Try just downloading the basic program and then the 2.0.23 update and apply it to the program. See if that works.

Blackhawk01 wrote:I like the way the General thinks...... :twisted:
General Edwin Amis
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Postby jtbrown » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:57 am

Tried the DL again from this site... same results.

I've found a way around the issue, though, by simply breaking down and ordering HMP. :)
jtbrown
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Postby AVA MANGO TWO » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:18 pm

I've found a way around the issue, though, by simply breaking down and ordering HMP.
Good im very pleased you did, you wont regret doing this, HMP will give you hours of enjoyment its very simple to use once you find your way about the programe and all the latest mech updates are free. 8) zac
AVA MANGO TWO
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Redstar Renegades
Redstar Renegades
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jtbrown » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:01 pm

AVA MANGO TWO wrote:
I've found a way around the issue, though, by simply breaking down and ordering HMP.
Good im very pleased you did, you wont regret doing this, HMP will give you hours of enjoyment its very simple to use once you find your way about the programe and all the latest mech updates are free. 8) zac

I just hope that my usual luck doesn't come to the fore... if it does then the new CBT release coming out will completely invalidate HMP and the way 'mechs are built. :roll:
Sig? I don't need no stinking sig!
jtbrown
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Postby AVA MANGO TWO » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:10 pm

We are hopeing there will be a patch brought out to acompany Total War release. :) zac
AVA MANGO TWO
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Redstar Renegades
Redstar Renegades
Colonel
Colonel

Postby AVA MANGO TWO » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:24 pm

OK the post Design tagging system is back and fully opperational once again so please make sure you use it, it can be found at the bottom of your screen when you are about to submitt your design in a small box view topic as... 8) many thanks zac
AVA MANGO TWO
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Redstar Renegades
Redstar Renegades
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Battletech Design Bureau