Welcome Anonymous !

Battletech Universe

Off-Topic Discussion

Who Met Me At Gen Con 2011?

Get your non-Battletech related angst out in the open here, and talk freely.

Moderators: Ravion Hawk, AVA MANGO TWO, Steve Ronin

Who Met Me At Gen Con 2011?

Postby GRUD » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:55 pm

I'm posting this on numerous Forums, to reach the most people possible.

Back at Gen Con 2011, someone came up to me when I was in the middle of a game, and asked if I was GRUD. I said Yes and shook their hand, but as I was a bit distracted, I don't remember getting their name. :oops: This was the first GC I'd been to since '91, my first in Indie, and the place was HUGE compared to when I'd been there in Milwaukee. It was also the first time I'd been able to play BattleTech since I was in the Army, stationed in HI ('92- '96), and got some of my friends there to play. :lol: Anyway, whoever they were, they never posted about us meeting at GC on any of the Forums, and it's always bothered me that I don't remember who it was. :oops:

Yes, I also tend to PROcrastinate, which is why I'm only NOW posting this. I PROcrastinate, then forget, then remember, then PROcrastinate, then forget, etc., etc. :oops: Yes, I put the "PRO" in PROcrastinate. :P

My point for this post being - If you were that guy, PLEASE let me know! :D I Vaguely recall what you looked like, so Please mention that as well. (I don't want someone trying to mess with me about this! :lol: )
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.
Mini Mule Avatar by Steve Ronin!

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"
GRUD
Gray Death Legion
Gray Death Legion
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Who Met Me At Gen Con 2011?

Postby Ravion Hawk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:21 pm

I'm almost willing to bet it was someone from LotB.
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."
Ravion Hawk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Iron Raven Mercenaries
Iron Raven Mercenaries
Major
Major

Re: Who Met Me At Gen Con 2011?

Postby Steve Ronin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:44 pm

I wish I could say it was me...

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE
Steve Ronin