Welcome Anonymous !

Battletech Universe

Off-Topic Discussion

Any Ark:Survival Evolved Players?

Get your non-Battletech related angst out in the open here, and talk freely.

Moderators: Ravion Hawk, AVA MANGO TWO, Steve Ronin

Any Ark:Survival Evolved Players?

Postby GRUD » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:41 pm

I was wondering if anyone here has been playing "Ark: Survival Evolved", and if so, do you know where I can find a good Strategy Guide for the game? I'm playing it on the XBone, and I've tried looking for one, but they don't appear to have any "Official" guide for it, like from either BradyGames or Prima Publishing. :( I've seen a few available on Amazon.com (for around $2.00-$4.00), but the reviews for one say it isn't for the "Finished" game, so I'm not entirely sure if the other one is or not.

I'm L100 (Maxed out, it looks like), though I don't have Every blueprint Unlocked just yet. I don't know if I have enough points to unlock everything or not, and I've not spent any points unlocking any saddles so far. I'm not entirely sure I upgraded my character the best way or not, but since I'll forever be playing alone, and offline, I don't think I need to be geared towards any PvP Shenanigans. I've got a nice 3-story stone house built, along with a smithy, foundry, mortar & pestle, cooking fire (the one with the tripod and pot), numerous preservation bins, and a compost bin. I've found a few "Recipes" of some sort, but don't know how to utilize them. I've also got a few items marked as "Resource", that I don't know what to do with. :P I've recently found a source for crystal, but I need Obsidian for something and haven't found that yet. I'm thinking, "In real Life" Obsidian is associated with volcanic activity, but I've yet to see a volcano anywhere in my travels. I'm playing on the "Ark" map, and I've traveled North up most of the Western shoreline so far (as far up as the snow), as well as going East for most of the Southern shoreline.

Again, is anyone else playing this game, and if so, can you kindly steer me towards a helpful guide? Thanks!

If you're playing and don't know it already, stay the HELL away from the glowing jellyfish-looking thingies in the water! They shock you! :shock: Kill them from your raft (or the shore) with a crossbow, then harvest them for some resource I've yet been able to utilize. :P I've found killing Megaladons laughably easy using the same technique. :wink:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.
Mini Mule Avatar by Steve Ronin!

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"
GRUD
Gray Death Legion
Gray Death Legion
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Any Ark:Survival Evolved Players?

Postby Ravion Hawk » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:14 pm

Here is the wiki for you.

I hope it helps bro.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/ARK_Survival_Evolved_Wiki
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."
Ravion Hawk
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Iron Raven Mercenaries
Iron Raven Mercenaries
Major
Major

Postby Steve Ronin » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:27 pm

sorry, GRUD. I've never even heard of it.

I'm busy with WoT, WoW, and The Long Dark.

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE
Steve Ronin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Northwind Highlanders
Northwind Highlanders
General
General
Knight
Knight

Postby GRUD » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:31 am

Thanks Rav, that Helps some, but I'm wanting something that I can download. Since I have no internet at home, where I play. :lol: I "cut & pasted" some info to a Notepad file, but I'm not looking forward to doing that for the ENTIRE wiki! :shock:

Thanks again though! :wink: :thumleft:

Steve - No biggie, but I thought I'd ask for help where I can. I posted here and at LotB, and just noticed the domain name for LotB has expired, so they're down. :( I Hope BlueWeasel gets things back up and running soon!
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.
Mini Mule Avatar by Steve Ronin!

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"
GRUD
Gray Death Legion
Gray Death Legion
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Steve Ronin » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:07 pm

I noticed that LotB was down today, myself.

and that all my links from Photobucket are flatlined.

So I need to find a new photo file share site.

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE
Steve Ronin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Northwind Highlanders
Northwind Highlanders
General
General
Knight
Knight

Return to Off-Topic Discussion