Welcome Anonymous !

Battletech Universe

Site Announcements

Valued Member and Distinguished Service Awards

The latest news & announcements at Battletech Universe.

Moderators: Ravion Hawk, shalom itay

Valued Member and Distinguished Service Awards

Postby Typhoon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:26 am

First of all I would like to applaud all members who were nominated and thank them for there continued service to BTU and continued contributions to our "home".

A round of applause to all.

Now to the announcements:

I am pleased to say that Steve Ronin has been chosen by the voters for the Valued Member award. Congratulations, Ronin-san!

Until recently, the Distinguished Service award was locked in a three way tie and I contemplated closing it before the poll closed but I left it open. However, I noticed that a vote was placed and that it was given to me thus putting me in the lead.

As much as I thank everyone for voting for me I feel that the other two members deserve much more recognition for their contributions to BTU and to the game. Both of these gentlemen have spent a great deal of time, sweat, and labour making miniatures for us to purchase or making amazing designs for us to wish someone would make into miniatures yesterday.

Rommel Twee and AVA MANGO TWO have done a lot for our hobby without a lot of fanfare so I am going to take my Forum Administrator's power and award this to Rommel and AVA since I have already received an award.

I hope everyone takes my decision as a sign of how much respect I have for the other two people in this category and not as a sign that I am disrespecting those that voted for me. As I said, these two guys should get this honour.

Congratulations to Kirk, Rommel Twee, and Zac, AVA MANGO! You guys deserve it.
Typhoon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Clan Wolf-in-Exile
Clan Wolf-in-Exile
Khan
Khan

Postby thecircus » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:28 am

Congrats to all you guys. You deserve it!!!!

Jeff
"This is Liberty Hall, You can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard!"

thecircus
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
7th Crucis Lancers
7th Crucis Lancers
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Postby MechRat » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:37 am

I agree, congratulations to Rommel & AVA! :thumleft: Great work!
(avatar by Knightmare)

"Beware the quiet ones, for you know not what they think." - me

OurBattleTech - A place for Alternate Universes to call home
MechRat
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Postby AVA MANGO TWO » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:31 pm

Thanks guys its really nice to be recognised once in a while for the work and all the hours kirk and i put into the hobby.... :) zac
AVA MANGO TWO
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Redstar Renegades
Redstar Renegades
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Rommel Twee » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:47 pm

Rommel Twee's Acceptance Speech for the Outstanding Achievement in Chicken Plucking:

Thank you! Oh! Thank you! I can hardly conjugate verbs! I feel so blessed! And this statue - it's so suspiciously phallic! Oh, thank you again! I just want everyone to know that even in my wildest AA meetings, I never would have fantasized that this could ever validate my mediocrity. And to the other brilliant nominees, I want each of you to know how totally wonderful your jealosy makes me feel right now!

You know when they first told me I was nominated, I just had to take a minute and laugh about how great my fans have been. I guess it all just makes me feel kinda special

You know, there are so many ass-kissing little people to thank! First off though, I want to pay off the esteemed idiots of the Academy, who looked deep within their Magic 8-Balls before giving me this fantastic award! Also, I want to thank Charleton Heston, for being such a powerful force in my life. And to Dad, who taught me to take life by the balls. And finally, to all the illegitimate children I sired - I couldn't have done it without you!

Thank you America, and good night!

Rommel

OH ! and as it was pointed out, I would love to promote World peace !

http://www.chickenhead.com/stuff/oscar/results.asp

Joking aside, I really do appreciate the award and congrats to the other winners and many thanks to the everyone who voted.
Last edited by Rommel Twee on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rommel Twee
211th FWL SG
211th FWL SG
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Davitch » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:40 pm

Congrats guys! Your efforts in the BT Arena are surely appreciated!
Davitch
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Postby Blackhawk01 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:15 pm

AVA MANGO TWO wrote:Thanks guys its really nice to be recognised once in a while for the work and all the hours kirk and i put into the hobby.... :) zac

Ya bum! :P

Thanks for all you do! :wink:

Blackhawk01

Postby The Maverick » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:13 am

Congrats guy's, well deserved for both of you.

Mav

[img]http://media.mybattletech.com/albums/userpics/LOTBuserbarFullv2[1].png[/img]

"Life don't talk to me about life" Marvin the paranoid android, HGTTG
The Maverick
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Return to Site Announcements