Welcome Anonymous !

Battletech Universe

ComStar NewsDesk Discussions

MechWarrior movie trailer released

Discuss the latest and hottest Battletech & Mecha news releases!

Moderators: Ravion Hawk, Typhoon, shalom itay

Postby Typhoon » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:55 am

Shadow Slayer wrote:
Albrecht Jorgensson wrote:
And, as an aside, there is ONE good mecha movie out there: RobotJox

Full Moon studios did it in the 80's, and even though it's a B flick, it's a GOOD B flick. It has a sequel, but I can't think of it's name. I personally think that RobotJox is one of the factors that contributed to my starting BT!

LOL,

I LOVED that movie.

The plot was virtualy when Solaris VII meats the Clans. I could not beleave how similar some of the concepts in the film where to the Battletech universe.

As far as the student film, It looks pretty good for a student project. Its times like this that I really wish I wasn't in the profession CG artist myself, as some of the things in the trailer just bug the **** out of me. But thats mainly because of my hypercritical eye that has pretty much Jaded me from enjoying many movies with bad effects. But as a student project Its looking pretty good. I hope the school has some compositing majors to get in and grime up the scenes as the Green Screened actors need some work to integrate them into the scene, and some general dust and grime needs to dirty up alot of the mechs and vehicles, as it looks like pretty much everything has literaly jumped off of the assembly line.

"RobotJox" shudder...... it falls into the "so bad it is good" category like "Invasion of the Killer Tomatos". Bad acting all round in that one. Interesting story idea, though. I tolerated it for however long it was.

"RobotWars" was the 'sequel' and you DO NOT want to go there. It will burn out your vision, sear your soul, make you see all sorts of unholy things. Once was a good idea twice was descending into the next ring of hell. :cry:

I seem to recall seeing a third installment of these movies but I saw it in a video store over here in Japan. Not unusual, a lot of schlock gets made and released for foreign distribution. I can't even remember the title now, "Robot something or other". Needless to say I was surprised that a third even made it to film.
Typhoon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Clan Wolf-in-Exile
Clan Wolf-in-Exile
Khan
Khan

Postby Shadow Slayer » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:20 pm

I loved that movie for its trashy goodness. Not because of the "phenominal" acting or effects :wink:

As Albrecht said, its a good B movie. But not realy anything more then that.
Shadow Slayer
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Postby Zmuh11 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:35 pm

Lawgiver wrote:Unfortunately, this one is probably a dead project. From the rumors I've heard ,the class graduated before it was finished.

Too bad :(

Rollingdrafter wrote:Like Zach H says "Just my two cents"
Zmuh11
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Postby Charlie Tango » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:03 pm

Typhoon wrote:"RobotJox" shudder...... it falls into the "so bad it is good" category like "Invasion of the Killer Tomatos". Bad acting all round in that one. Interesting story idea, though. I tolerated it for however long it was.

"Achilles! I will kill you Achilles!!!!!" :lol:

"No one conquers who doesn't fight." -- Wisdom found inside a fortune cookie
Charlie Tango

Postby Typhoon » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:13 pm

Shadow Slayer wrote:I loved that movie for its trashy goodness. Not because of the "phenominal" acting or effects :wink:

As Albrecht said, its a good B movie. But not realy anything more then that.

Yep, it is one of those secret pleasures for me too.

I am not sure I would even call it a "B" movie more like a "B minus" movie! :lol:
Typhoon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Clan Wolf-in-Exile
Clan Wolf-in-Exile
Khan
Khan

Postby Zmuh11 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:58 am

I know this thread is almost over.

But I'm just wondering what the story behind it is, since I don't know very much about the MW storyline.

My guess is that the clans have returned to the Inner Sphere with force, and in this trailer the IS forces on this planet are running.
Except for one beautifully done Atlas. :wink:

Rollingdrafter wrote:Like Zach H says "Just my two cents"
Zmuh11
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Previous

Return to ComStar NewsDesk Discussions