Official Battletech Forums

Enjoy conversations with Battletech fans. Exchange ideas, ask questions, post new content.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Official Battletech Forums

Post by GRUD »

Steve Ronin wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:49 pm
CBT.com has always followed stricter rules.
they HAVE to do so, because they're the OFFICIAL forums for a corporation.
Are their mods and admins perfect?
well,
NO.
and neither are we.
I've personally screwed up a few times here, and have had to post public apologies.

but you do the best job possible.
This is the HUGE Difference between Here and TOS (The Official Site) though. YOU will actually ADMIT to making Mistakes.

THEY NEVER EVER, EVER DO! :evil:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.
Mini Mule Avatar by Steve Ronin!

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk »

GRUD wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:18 pm
Steve Ronin wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:52 am
*note: it IS canon that some Clan warriors had augmented reality control "tattoos" that could glow when activated, for enhanced control of their BattleMechs. but it was the tattoo (actual molecular circuitry) that glowed, not the warrior.
Was that "Actual" Canon though? I thought it's been said the BT Cartoon was all "House Steiner-Davion Propaganda"? Wouldn't the Glowing Tattoos then be "Artistic License" on the part of those "Creating the Show"?

I'm wondering, as far as the ACTUAL Rules go, DO the EI Tattoos actually glow? Though outside of Combat (when they would Naturally be inside their 'Mech, BA or Proto), WHY would they glow when they're not affecting anything?
Enhanced Imaging GRUD.

They have always been described as softly luminescent and color can vary.

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Enhanced_Ima ... al_Implant
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by eLMsm »

I think BTV (BattleTech Vicious) would be for rules that are vicious to keep them separate from other BT Rulesbooks. I only suggested that because there are real life Peace movements that have been reducing and/or eliminating violent gaming; this topic explains that:

viewtopic.php?f=25&p=177422#p177422
When do I “retreat” ? Only when I want to re+treat myself to eating cookies here in VT of USA. Here in VT, outside temperatures can get very cold; I suppose my miniatures won’t get overheated, ha ha.

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD »

Ravion Hawk wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:27 pm
Enhanced Imaging GRUD.

They have always been described as softly luminescent and color can vary.

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Enhanced_Ima ... al_Implant
But this: "Implanted just below the skin they were visible as faintly luminous lines"
is a FAR cry from a body "Glowing like a firefly".

Again, we haven't been told enough about them really. Do they glow ALL the time, or only when being used? Personally, I'd think ONLY when actively being used, since there would be no reason for them to light up at random. If they put more strain on the person's Mental Stability (something Clanners aren't really "Known" for having much of to begin with!), I'd think the Doctors/Scientists that created them would have them be inactive as "Default Mode".
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.
Mini Mule Avatar by Steve Ronin!

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by eLMsm »

I want to read each of your replies about omitting Conventional Infantry rules from current Total Warfare Rulesboook, and publishing them in Tactical Operations because Conventional Infantry probably aren’t supposed to be expendable in Tournament games such as that new ToS7 Rulesbook idea I proposed.
When do I “retreat” ? Only when I want to re+treat myself to eating cookies here in VT of USA. Here in VT, outside temperatures can get very cold; I suppose my miniatures won’t get overheated, ha ha.

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by eLMsm »

Okay, armor piercing ammunition used by autocannons, DFAing, and TO rules for Tandem Charge Missiles; I prefer they all be in TO.

Rules for: each artillery system, engine explosions, infernos, fires, tornadoes, volcanoes, and earthquakes; I prefer they all be in SO.

I was thinking TO rules could also be optional ToS7 rules that each can’t be played with unless tournament host(s) and/or hostess(es) declare which TO rules can be played with before tournament begins. Tournament host(s) and/or hostess(es) could, at their simultaneous discretions, allow all players of any game at said tournament to use any or all TO rules.

Greetings GRUD, I’m sure any EI implant glows only while it is being used like in the BT Americanime TV series; and because if it glowed all the time, then it would keep Character awake when he or she is trying to sleep.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

LoL.

insomnia caused by embedded EI tattoos. :lol:

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by eLMsm »

Greetings Steve Ronin, that’s a new Negative Trait I taptyped rules about.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

I saw it. :lol:

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by eLMsm »

Here’s two more rulesthat must be omitted:

Requiring a Unit to remain stationary when Character is using Bull’s Eye Marksman Ability to attack a location of another unit or structure. I can sprint and use a toy water gun to attack hubeings’ left legs in a Capture the Flag game.

Requiring an aerospace unit, while flying in an atmosphere, to use a line segment of hexes.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

the bullseye marksmanship rule is one of YOURS....

as for strafing in atmosphere: it follows with basic aerodynamics, physics and the RULES of momentum: thus the best way to reflect SOME semblance of realism is restricting strafing to a single line of hexes per turn.
*don't forget: those hexes are 30 meters across: about 100 feet. that really IS a large amount of real estate.

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by eLMsm »

Strafing rules really are non-balanced. These two links explain why:

http://www.heavymetalpro.com/forums/vie ... =1&t=21911

http://www.heavymetalpro.com/forums/vie ... 26#p246626

I was thinking a Unit, that is thrusting in atmosphere, should be able to make facing changes like in Star Fox for SNES using thrust vectoring.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

those are links to a discussion of the rules.

I'm not going to re-argue a 5 year old discussion.

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by eLMsm »

Oh, I wasn’t expecting you to comment on how nonbalanced TW strafing rules are. Instead, I thought I’d just encourage you to read and understand why they’re nonbalanced.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

oh, I fully understand and have the experience of dealing with Clan-tech aerospace strafing poor 3025 inner sphere forces.

it sucks to be on the receiving end, especially if unsupported by friends.

and yes, while it is overbalanced in favor of ASF, the bias is only 60:40.

also, dont forget: fire both ways is limited to weapons with an 8 hex range.

so yes, MGs and SLs and SPLs and MicroLasers are NOT usable when strafing.

doesn't matter if the ASF is at tree top height.

thems the rules.

why?

because strafing would be REALLY broken if not.

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by eLMsm »

Another way aerospace fighters are nonbalanced is that some of their tonnages are not used for structural components such as wheels and ailerons like the way Aerodyne DropShuttles do. Aerospace fighters also get to use double Heat Sinks; conventional vehicles and conventional fighters currently don’t get to use double heat Sinks.

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by eLMsm »

DFMs could be in ToS7 or TW also along with LKMs and RSMs from IO. Should SSMs be in ToS7 or TW xor TO?