A nice update to the BT cartoon

Enjoy conversations with Battletech fans. Exchange ideas, ask questions, post new content.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

Albrecht Jorgensson
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

A nice update to the BT cartoon

Post by Albrecht Jorgensson »

I know we were all lucky to get a BT cartoon. But this is just priceless. Take a look, you'll be glad you did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM_8qZFs ... ed&search=
How do I spell 'Politics'? C-O-W-A-R-D-I-C-E

Image Image
My Blog: http://thetwitcherspulpit.blogspot.com/

Magus Zeal
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Magus Zeal »

Not really...it's just footage from MW4:V and some other shows spliced together with the audio from the opening of the BT animated show from the 80s-90s. As I said in the comment I posted, to get a CBT show now would be nothing more than a pipe dream as WizKids/FanPro have utterly abandoned CBT.

Batminimus
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Batminimus »

some of the footage is from a video graphis school and a demo/promo they did for a battle tech movie, overall looks good but there is no room for it to become anything more than just an ad.
"Eripio sumptus"
English translation
"Rescuing costs "

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

Magus Zeal wrote:Not really...it's just footage from MW4:V and some other shows spliced together with the audio from the opening of the BT animated show from the 80s-90s. As I said in the comment I posted, to get a CBT show now would be nothing more than a pipe dream as WizKids/FanPro have utterly abandoned CBT.
They have not utterly abandoned CBT. FanPro may be moving on but WizKids still owns the property and IMR is taking up the licensing and production. This is a good thing for CBT.

Regardless of who owns the game or is sublicensed to publish it, I seriously doubt we'll see any type of TV series or movie for the game.

Mattlov
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Mattlov »

I reconized most of that footage, but there were a few things which weren't in any MW game I've ever seen.

Those two silverish things that turned their heads towards the camera in the forest and the weird thing that gets PWNED near the end.
Blah!
I'm a Catalyst Game Labs Commando, and you aren't!
#43, to be precise.

Magus Zeal
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Magus Zeal »

Mattlov, that's because the producer spliced footage in from Andromeda, the MW:DA short developed by another person and stuff from the MW games.

Heimdall, the only good that can benefit CBT now is if WizKids and FanPro get their grubby little fingers out of it, split MW:DA into it's own, seperate, universe, and for another company (preferably FASA) to pick it up and restore it to it's former glory. Am I bitter? Oh you betcha.

Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

Magus Zeal wrote:Heimdall, the only good that can benefit CBT now is if WizKids and FanPro get their grubby little fingers out of it, split MW:DA into it's own, seperate, universe, and for another company (preferably FASA) to pick it up and restore it to it's former glory. Am I bitter? Oh you betcha.
Then we will just have to agree to disagree there.

You should be happy then that IMR is picking up the license through the formation of Catalyst Games replacing FanPro as the producer of the game.

Davitch
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Davitch »

How could "FASA" pick anything up? They closed their doors years ago, if I am not mistaken.

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Typhoon »

Davitch wrote:How could "FASA" pick anything up? They closed their doors years ago, if I am not mistaken.
Yep, and the name "FASA" is being used by another company now from what I found the last time I searched, which was a few months ago. The company is some financial company IIRC. So, FASA is dead and gone. Unfortunately.

Magus Zeal
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Magus Zeal »

Heimdall: I'm tentative to see what IMR will do.

FASA actually still exists. They were bought out by Microsoft. Now they operate under the name "FASA Studios".

Deathstrike
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Deathstrike »

Magus Zeal wrote:Heimdall: I'm tentative to see what IMR will do.

FASA actually still exists. They were bought out by Microsoft. Now they operate under the name "FASA Studios".
Who from my knowledge do not make CBT games anymore.
My escape route goes through the enemy.

Magus Zeal
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Magus Zeal »

That's correct, they do not. They further the PC and console versions of the MechWarrior games now.

Deathstrike
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Deathstrike »

Magus Zeal wrote:That's correct, they do not. They further the PC and console versions of the MechWarrior games now.
They don't do those anymore either. MW5 is a myth and Mechassult seems dead too.
My escape route goes through the enemy.

Lawgiver
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Lawgiver »

Heimdall wrote:
Magus Zeal wrote:Heimdall, the only good that can benefit CBT now is if WizKids and FanPro get their grubby little fingers out of it, split MW:DA into it's own, seperate, universe, and for another company (preferably FASA) to pick it up and restore it to it's former glory. Am I bitter? Oh you betcha.
Then we will just have to agree to disagree there.

You should be happy then that IMR is picking up the license through the formation of Catalyst Games replacing FanPro as the producer of the game.
If I understand the nature of things, IMR is now it's own rubber stamp rather than WizKids being the oversight commitee correct? If that's the case I would think, things can only get better and products can show up faster. At least in theory...

cakoceag874
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: A nice update to the BT cartoon

Post by cakoceag874 »

APOLOGIES FOLKS,
THIS SPAMMER HAS BEEN BANNED AND ALL THEIR POSTS DELETED.
THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AS WE CLEAR OUT THE TRASH.

-STEVE RONIN