NEW FANFICTION CONTEST -- Mission: Impossible

Post your Battletech stories and read & rate the tales of others!

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Typhoon, trboturtle

trboturtle
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

NEW FANFICTION CONTEST -- Mission: Impossible

Post by trboturtle » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:30 pm

[Cue theme music]

Good morning, Mister Phelps:

Your mission, should you decide the accept it, is to write a story about the Inner Sphere/Clan Intelligence services -- Spies, Covert Ops and Commandos.

While the BattleMech is the King of the Battlefield, a knife in the back of the right person at the right time can be more effective that an entire RCT. Intelligence services are an important part of the Battletech Universe, be they the classic John LeCarre spy novel to a "Guns of Navarrone" style commando missions.

Stories can be set in any established time period in Battletech's history, up to and including the Dark Era of the 3130's. The stories can be about any estabished intelligence service, or can be about freelance spies working for anyone who will pay them. Any intelligence service described in the "A Guide to Covert Ops" sourcebook may be used.

Suggested maximum word lenght for any story will be @10,000 words. Spelling and grammer do count, but please don't obsess over it. Please keep the story in the relm of battletech fiction -- ie, no 'Mechs doung cartwheels, no magic-using characters, and no alternate history stories (Not this time, anyway....). Stories have to be original to this contest -- no fair yanking one from your website and submitting it to the contest.

The contest starts April 18th, 2011 and the deadline for stories to be submitted is July 18th. Any questions can be sent to me either by PMing me here, asking it in this thread if it a general question, or at trboturtle@aol.com

If you or any memeber of your team is caught or killed, the Secetary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This message will self destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Mister Phelps.

Craig
(The website's software STILL hates me!)
[fullalbumimg]2878[/fullalbumimg]

BattleCorps Author -- "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "Snipe Hunt," "Groundpounder," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Color of Authority," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," and "My Father's Sword."

trboturtle
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by trboturtle » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:58 am

No one has any questions or comments?? :(

Craig
[fullalbumimg]2878[/fullalbumimg]

BattleCorps Author -- "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "Snipe Hunt," "Groundpounder," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Color of Authority," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," and "My Father's Sword."

shalom itay
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by shalom itay » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Great! A new fan fiction contest in ages!

I may give it a go...Now, I have a question,
How the entries will be rated, and who will rate them?

Also there are the general rules for any contest in the BTU staff forum,
you may want to give it a look and add them to the genral post...