Use sponges or paper padding for miniatures when they’re immobilized in vices so they’re not damaged from squeezing

Discuss tips & ideas, seek out or give help on conversions, painting and the minis themselves.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Use sponges or paper padding for miniatures when they’re immobilized in vices so they’re not damaged from squeezing

Post by eLMsm »

That’s what I do.
When do I “retreat” ? Only when I want to re+treat myself to eating cookies here in VT of USA. Here in VT, outside temperatures can get very cold; I suppose my miniatures won’t get overheated, ha ha.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Use sponges or paper padding for miniatures when they’re immobilized in vices so they’re not damaged from squeezing

Post by Steve Ronin »

THE VERY BEST TOOL I've ever found to hold minis while I'm painting.

I use the XL size as it fits BT nearly perfectly.

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

eLMsm
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Use sponges or paper padding for miniatures when they’re immobilized in vices so they’re not damaged from squeezing

Post by eLMsm »

That looks neat. 8)
When do I “retreat” ? Only when I want to re+treat myself to eating cookies here in VT of USA. Here in VT, outside temperatures can get very cold; I suppose my miniatures won’t get overheated, ha ha.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

it really is great.
it GRIPS the base of the miniature, so you dont need to touch the painted surface.
and the base of the handle is flat, so you can have several freestanding /drying while working on aonther Mech.

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE