the UnSeen Phoenix Hawk LAM project

The Miniatures Showcase. Display your works of art and conversions.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

the UnSeen Phoenix Hawk LAM project

Post by Steve Ronin » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Hello All.
I have a dilemma, and I hope that someone here is able to help or work a deal with me.

I have 14 incomplete PHawk LAMs. Most of them are from the Bargain Bag deal of a few weeks ago.

But there is a problem: all of these P-Hawks are incomplete.

2 are standard 'Battloid' mode P-Hawks that are missing the Jump Jets.

3 are 'Guardian' mode P-Hawks that are missing the Jump Jets.

9 are 'Guardian' mode P-Hawks that are missing the Jump Jets AND the lower half of mini,
namely, the lower torso, arms and legs.

Are we seeing a commonality here?

So, if you know of a common modification using, say, CAV parts or other IWM parts in place of the original Jump Jets;
please speak up.

If YOU have the parts, both JJs and bodies: maybe we can work a deal...

the world deserves more intact UnSeen P-Hawk LAMs. Help us make this a better world.

I'm working with GROGNARD over at LotB to get the word out.
Thought I'd mention it, since I saw he copy-n-pasted nearly my entire post here.

:D :D :D

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: the UnSeen Phoenix Hawk LAM project

Post by AVA MANGO TWO » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:50 am

Have you thought about these Gashapon 1/100th scale plastics :?: ive had a few in the past and thought they were perfect for gaming Battletech, they are about the same size as the Dark horse miniature LAM's follow the link below. :D zac
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamato-Macros ... 19e6a18cbd
Pics just in case you need them.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:35 pm

ooooh!

thanky you MUCH!

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

Cazaril
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Cazaril » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:43 am

What I'm about to say may seem like sacrilege, as there aren't enough of these either, but;

Have you though about hacking up a couple of regular Phoenix Hawks for the parts? You may need to do a little rework on the waist, and the Large Laser needs to be removed from the leg (which is a lot easier then most believe), but it would work...

I'd put out a "WTB", and start with scrap P-Hawks... Those that people have already cut to shreds... A good arm here, a set of legs there... And the next thing you know, you've got enough parts to put together a few more LAMs...

The jump jets are another problem entirely... I'm not a fan of how the re-seen ones look. I know someone suggested it over at CBT (or whatever they call themselves now), but the picture they posted only reinforces my feels. They are too big and clunky. I guess with enough work they could be usable, but certainly not as-is... And while I'm a big fan of using CAV parts, I have the feeling that the CAV Hawk's jump jets would be too big also... You might as well strap two Wasps to it's the LAM's back.

Regrettably, I don't have a better substitute... If you only needed a few pairs, you might be able to scrounge them up, but not 14...

Caz