Clan DS - Omega Galaxy / Custom Mad Dog II

The Miniatures Showcase. Display your works of art and conversions.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk

Cazaril
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Clan DS - Omega Galaxy / Custom Mad Dog II

Post by Cazaril » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:34 am

I've been sitting on this one for about a week, because it went out as a surprise gift for Diamond Shark and I figured if he saw it he'd know something was up... I got word that he received it, so I figured I would share...

I'm not much of a Clan guy, and I've commented on that more than once... So what am I doing a Clan Mech? Well, it all started here;

< http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.p ... 389.0.html >

Once I finished the mods, I did something I almost never do and posted WIPs of it here;

< http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.p ... 204.0.html >

The pictures got pulled because I needed the space, but if you want to know about the build, this is where you should look...

Of course, that was all about a year ago...

Currently I'm in the middle of another mod, and I don't do well waiting for greenstuff to set or parts to show up from IWMs... And seeing as how this was the only Mech left on my workbench waiting to get finished, I figured I would finally get it done..

I'd like to give a thanks to Mastergunz too who got me the Diamond Shark decals. I know it was a long time coming but I did, and still do, appreciate it.

Anyway... Comments, suggestions and stealable ideas always welcome.

Note: This was my first attempt at the "crashing wave" look... Feedback appreciated.

Caz

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Clan DS - Omega Galaxy / Custom Mad Dog II

Post by Dread » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:41 pm

I agree that the MW4 Vulture/Mad Dog looked much better than the resculpt. This is a very cool looking mod. It's easy on the eyes and I would love to play it...
"Ejection seats are for wimps! Real men ride 'em to the ground!" -- conversation overheard between a VTOL pilot and an aerojock.

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:10 am

Well first off im dead jealous as you have never offered to paint anything for me, :wink: as for the MW4 Vulture its my favorite design from the game, not the best to play in but it does look so sinister n sleek on and now off screen. As for the 'Crashing Waves' i think they look good for your first attempt and with a few more attempts they should look as good as the one painted on the 'Great Wave'. :)

Cazaril
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Cazaril » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:02 am

AVA MANGO TWO wrote:Well first off im dead jealous as you have never offered to paint anything for me, :wink:
Who are you kidding!? I don't offer to paint for anyone...

Ok, not entirely true... But I'm not married to you (Happy Wife, Happy Life :D ).

Sadly my commission days are over. While I really enjoyed the comments from people who finally get to see the subtle shading that the camera seems to lose, I produce far too few in a year to dent the list of projects I have. And spending time painting for others doesn't help that.

Plus, while Diamond Shark and I are friends, if not for the fact that it was a Clan Mech he'd have never gotten it. I really dislike the Clan that much, and have no purpose for a Mech like the Mad Dog Mk.II... It was a cool project to do, but I really struggled to get motivated to paint it because of what it was.

Other than my wife, and one other person who I made a promise to a long time ago, I'm afraid everything I do in the foreseeable future will be for my own collection.

Caz