Free thought association..the long awaited vacation

Get your non-Battletech related angst out in the open here, and talk freely.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Free thought association..the long awaited vacation

Post by GRUD » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:56 am

Ah, "Reality" TV! Dumbing down America since . . . When did MTV first air "Big Brother" ? :P I like some of the contests they've made for "Survivor" and "Big Brother", but I can do without all the "Political" nonsense. My ex-GF liked the shows, so I was of course obligated to watch them with her, but I haven't watched any of my own free will. They might as well call it "White Trash TV", since that's what the majority of it is. As far as I'm concerned, CMT is as bad as MTV these days, with the amount of GARBAGE they show instead of Music Videos. :evil: I actually had to look up the Kardashians on the internet to figure out why the Hell I was supposed to give a damn about what the tramps were doing on TV. Personally, I don't give a Damn what Donald Trump, Bill Gates or any other Millionaire/Billionaire does all day. Famous because their Daddy's rich? Who gives a ****! :P

But as long as the Sheeple keep watching the feces, the networks will keep producing it. :roll:

The BEST "Reality Show" I've ever watched, that I ever actually ENJOYED watching, came out in 2004, and was about an Arkansas ARNG Unit that got activated and deployed to Iraq. I don't remember the name of it, but I'm sure I could find it with an internet search. It covered them from before they left (about 2 episodes) to the time they got home, though I didn't see the last few episodes. One man had been in but had gotten out before the Unit got activated. He reenlisted so he could be with his son over there, then his son was deemed to be "Mentally Unfit For Service" and discharged, but his Dad had to go anyway (of course). The part of the base they were on got hit with mortars their 2nd night there, and the Dad got severely wounded, and eventually sent back home. :| He lived, but he'll have scars the rest of his life, and his son feels responsible for his Dad getting hurt. They need more "Reality" shows like that one, in MY Opinion. Shows about REAL people doing REAL things that aren't scripted or directed by some dumbass director wanting to "up the ratings" by generating conflict. :evil:

Edited to change a misspelled word because of my OCD. Damnit. :P Original post made Jan 28, and I just now saw the typo. :roll:
Last edited by GRUD on Sat May 17, 2014 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.
Mini Mule Avatar by Steve Ronin!

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Typhoon » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:48 am

An instance when "reality" really isn't.

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:26 pm

Isn't it odd how much we Loved snow as children, but HATE it so much as "Adults" ? :roll:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:25 pm

I don't "hate" it unless I have to drive on it. And that's mostly because I have to worry about other idiots even more than usual. Of course, in Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri, where I've ben over the past few weeks, the snow fall wasn't stupidly heavy. Mostly.
"Ejection seats are for wimps! Real men ride 'em to the ground!" -- conversation overheard between a VTOL pilot and an aerojock.

thatjimboguy
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by thatjimboguy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:40 pm

We set a record for monthly snowfall in MI last month. I reall do hate it.
"Win if you can. Lose if you must, but always cheat" - Jesse "The Body" Ventura

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:17 am

CONGRADULATIONS! :thumleft: :thumleft:

:lol:

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:43 pm

first it was telemarketers calling at dinner time.

then it was junk emails

now a days: 3 AM spam texting.

:evil:

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:05 am

I like Bacon SPAM! :mrgreen:

I'm also PROUD to say that I've NEVER sent a text message, and NEVER will. Mr. Bell must be rolling in his grave at the way we've bastardized his invention. :roll: It's a Cell PHONE, NOT a Cell Telegraph after all. Would that make it a Cellegraph?

I heard a comedian make a comment the other day that has me wondering. He said a friend of his said he had an APP that allowed him to talk to his phone and it would automatically type his text message, then send it, then SPEAK his text message to the recipient. :shock: PLEASE tell me that is JUST a Joke! Anyone that would actually USE such an APP needs to be Euthanized, along with the creator of the APP! :twisted: Can you seriously get any MORE Fraking stupid? :roll:

By the way, I don't have ANY problem with ANYONE that sends text messages! I simply don't see the sense OR need in it myself is all. To each his/her own, right? :thumleft: :D

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:04 pm

I do use the text thing... I don't prefer it over actual talking, but I do use it. I've seen people using that app and I just can't help but stare...
"Ejection seats are for wimps! Real men ride 'em to the ground!" -- conversation overheard between a VTOL pilot and an aerojock.

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:45 pm

So it IS a real APP then? Damn. I really worry about Humanity. I was sure it was just a joke, because I couldn't believe anyone would be stupid enough to actually use it, much less create it. :cry:

When you see people use it, do you have to fight the urge to do the "back-of-the-head slap" thing Mark Harmon does on NCIS? :lol:
Last edited by GRUD on Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:11 am

Not really... I figure that they are either already a lost cause, or the slap will push them over the edge.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:35 pm

my fingers are too big for texting, but I can read my own texts without help.

Note:
Bored Marines are very entertaining. :wink:

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Typhoon » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:57 am

GRUD wrote:So it IS a real APP then? Damn. I really worry about Humanity. I was sure it was just a joke, because I couldn't believe anyone would be stupid enough to actually use it, much less create it. :cry:

When you see people use it, do you have to fight the urge to do the "back-of-the-head slap" thing Mark Harmon does on CSI? :lol:
Ever seen a fool typing a text while walking, or doing something else that requires full concentration like driving, if you have then the app you speak of makes sense. Not that you should be texting while doing these things but if one really finds they HAVE TO :roll: text while walking, driving, etc then I'd rather see them use this app then trying to type.

Remember it may not make much sense to you but it does to someone.

And, by the way, it's Mark Harmon on NCIS not CIS. :mrgreen:

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:30 am

Typhoon wrote:And, by the way, it's Mark Harmon on NCIS not CIS. :mrgreen:
Doh! You're right! :oops: But you knew who I was talking about anyway. :thumleft: :lol:

Now my OCD will force me to Edit that post, dangit. :?

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:54 pm

OCD can be a good thing.... :D

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Typhoon » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:07 pm

GRUD wrote:
Typhoon wrote:And, by the way, it's Mark Harmon on NCIS not CIS. :mrgreen:
Doh! You're right! :oops: But you knew who I was talking about anyway. :thumleft: :lol:

Now my OCD will force me to Edit that post, dangit. :?
And my OCD made me correct you! :mrgreen: :P

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:38 pm

Steve Ronin wrote:OCD can be a good thing.... :D

I can see where being/having OCD can be a GOOD thing, such as when sky diving, rock climbing, rapelling, or deep-sea diving. Having OCD in those cases, and knowing you've double/triple-checked every buckle, strap and other safety device can mean the difference between life and death in any of those occupations/activities. Having OCD when it comes to your frickin' POSTS online is just a Royal Pain In The Ass! :roll: :P

I've made some posts that literally took me HOURS to complete, because I HAD to get them "Just Perfect" before I Posted them. :roll: I've actually edited some posts MONTHS after I'd made them, because I later noticed I'd made a typo of some sort. :oops: In MY experience, OCD SUCKS! :P

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:48 pm

but we have fun tweeking your OcD.

:D

BobTheZombie
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by BobTheZombie » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:54 pm

I'm pretty sure I have OCD though I've never been diagnosed with it... really helps sometimes but just is annoying most of the time

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:59 pm

I've self diagnosed ADH

....oh. shiny...

D.

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:41 pm

At least your name isn't "Doug", and you're not forced to wear the "Cone of Shame"! :thumleft: :wink:

Squirrel!

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:50 pm

my attention took a vacation a long long time ago.

Word of the Day:

ABANDONED.

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Sat May 17, 2014 5:57 am

New Word of the Day: Tank. (M4 Sherman actually.)

Tank a Veteran - It's Armed Forces Day! :thumleft: :lol:

Tank you, tank you. Tank you very much.
Hey, don't tread on me!
Ain't life a beach?
If there was a crab, shrimp or lobster in the picture I'd be reminded of Christmas, because I'd be seeing Sandy Claws!
A lot of tankers in WW II named their vahicles. This one was probably named "Rusty".

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Sun May 18, 2014 11:15 pm

to steal a Kelsy Grammar line...

"I need a tetanus shot from just LOOKING at the thing!"

new word of the day....

Crickets. :(

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Mon May 19, 2014 1:12 am

That's what Long John Silver's makes their "Malt Vinegar" out of! :lol:

Go to a bait shop and smell their live crickets, then smell the malt vinegar at LJS. Same Smell! :P I've been calling the stuff "Cricket Juice" for over 30 years! :lol:

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"