Free thought association..the long awaited vacation

Get your non-Battletech related angst out in the open here, and talk freely.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Free thought association..the long awaited vacation

Post by Steve Ronin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:56 pm

:?: Been cow tipping recently :?: :wink: :lol:

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:22 am

... Not in a long time. Got shot at the last time. Pretty sure it was salt rock, which would have been no fun at all. I didn't get hit, so I don't know for sure. What I do know, is that movie, "White Man Can't Jump" is BS. I almost cleared one of those big hay bale rolls like I was doing a high jump. Head first, but you get the picture.

Adrenaline does amazing things for your vertical.
"Ejection seats are for wimps! Real men ride 'em to the ground!" -- conversation overheard between a VTOL pilot and an aerojock.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:07 pm

that it does.

rock salt: that brings back some stinging memories.

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:02 am

When I was in the Army, a friend of mine came up to me a few different times and gave me a light shove to make me stumble a little. Then he'd say "Hey look, I'm Cowell tipping!" :roll: :lol:

For those that don't know, my last name is . . .

:lol:

NO relation to Simon, Thank God! :P
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.
Mini Mule Avatar by Steve Ronin!

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:10 am

"Mooove over!"

I could have a little fun with this every time you remind me of the goat joke. :lol:
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:56 am

Just like Whisper (aka Chrisnscale), WidowMaker and I can keep "kidding" you. :mrgreen:

Don't worry though! I Promise I will NEVER "get your goat"! :lol:

If you ever play Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas, be sure to study for your GOAT! :thumleft: (Though maybe it's just in F3?)
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:21 am

I'm evidently not aware of this joke...
"Ejection seats are for wimps! Real men ride 'em to the ground!" -- conversation overheard between a VTOL pilot and an aerojock.

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:55 am

It's one of those "You had to be there!" things! :lol:

Specifically, at WidowMaker's house back in March. "Someone" set himself up with a joke about a goat, and being Good Friends and Gamers that we are, we haven't let him live it down. :mrgreen:

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:57 am

It was the best damned delivery of that joke I have EVER pulled off...

Sadly it made me the butt of the joke. But it got the best laughs I have ever gotten for the joke.
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:06 pm

Awww... Sounds like it was fun.

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:29 pm

I nailed that delivery with a straight face and had GRUD laughing for almost 5-10 minutes straight. At least it seemed that long.

It didn't help that I named my pilot that night GF.

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:52 pm

It's all fun and games until someone's goat gets . . . molested! :shock:

((That poor, poor goat! :cry: He was so much too young!))

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:51 pm

... I can laugh because I can imagine any number of conversations along those lines between my friends a I.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:52 pm

I've gamed with both the LotB Richmond crew and the Turkish Prison crew:

the hilarity is non-stop and ya better be able to take a joke.

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:26 pm

Turkish Prison crew? Sounds like another story.

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:27 am

Turkish Prison.

Where the phrase "Take it like a man!" has an Entirely DIFFERENT meaning! :shock:

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:51 pm

... I think I just threw up a little bit.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:23 am

suddenly 'hellbie dice' has a totally new meaning to me. :shock: :(

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:13 pm

While I don't Understand "Chaos Theory", I'm apparently a Practitioner of it! :thumleft: :twisted: :thumleft:

If you loaded a standard Clan Elemental down with nothing but SRMs or LRMs, would the Official Designation be . . .
"Missile Toad" ?

Ya'll have a Very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or restful day off, whichever you celebrate! :mrgreen:

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Typhoon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:20 am

GRUD wrote:While I don't Understand "Chaos Theory", I'm apparently a Practitioner of it! :thumleft: :twisted: :thumleft:
"Chaos Theory" is simple really. It states that what may look like chaos and disorder really isn't. There is a very ordered system within the chaos. So, if you are a practitioner of "Chaos Theory" you really aren't sowing chaos even though it may look like it. You are really OCD! :mrgreen: :P

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:47 pm

? I must be OCD and make sure Chaos is everywhere ? :?:

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Who else (from the U.S.) remembers only having ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS for TV channels? Hell, it was a Big Deal when we got the FOX Channel! Their main draw was . . . The Simpsons! :lol: That show's been on something like 25-30 years now! :shock:

(You see how my OCD made me list the channels Alphabetically? :roll: I'd started to list NBC 2nd, but Nope, couldn't do it. :P )

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:11 am

GRUD wrote:Who else (from the U.S.) remembers only having ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS for TV channels?
If I actually switch over to the TV that is still all I get. :lol:

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:54 am

don't forget the independent UHF stations.

before the evil FOX network swooped in and bought them all up...

Ch. 21, 27, 45, 48, and 61... almost always better programing that the Big 3. :|

oh. yeah.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL y'all.
or Hahnakkuh (sp?)

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:17 am

I was talking YEARS ago RH, when all we had were "The Big Three" plus PBS! I'm talking before your Mom and Dad even MET, much less before you were born! :lol:

We were living in SE MO when I was born, and we lived there through my 4th Grade year. As far as I know, we didn't have ANY UHF Channels, much less FIVE of them! :shock: At the start of my 5th Grade year we moved to SW MO, and I Think there was a UHF Channel over there somewhere. If I remember correctly, I think FOX came into being around the early 80's, like maybe '81 or '82? I don't know about them buying up UHF channels, but their programming was a nice change of pace from "The Big Three" at least. I think the WB Channel came about 5 or so years later, though we never were able to watch it, since it was only a Cable TV channel around here.

I think FOX might still be a decent network had they stayed out of News. :P If you wanted to see the news about a certain past President that was through THICKLY "Rose-Colored" tinted glasses, watch the "FIX" News Channel. :roll: I'll stop there, having deleted a sentence and having edited the one above. Politics. :roll: This way, you can fill in the above sentence with whatever President YOU don't like! :lol: :thumleft:

All that crap aside, I Hope Ya'll have a Very Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and a Blessed Yule! If you're an Atheist, be sure to Thank your Christian co-workers when you go back to work, for arranging this 4-day weekend for you! :lol: Or even Thank them tomorrow if you only got today off. Better than nothing, right? :wink:

(I went with the spelling for "Hanukkah" that MS Word suggested, after I cut & pasted my post to a Word doc, to "Spell Check" the thing. :lol: One suggestion was "Hanukah", but I'm pretty sure it's spelled with 2 k's. I'd misspelled "Atheist" also. :roll: )

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"