what is up with most of the new Gen?

Get your non-Battletech related angst out in the open here, and talk freely.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

Dart Omega
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

what is up with most of the new Gen?

Post by Dart Omega » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:23 am

I swear many are rude these days.

It seems the later gens in battletech alone thinks they are better then their elder BT players.

good example I reviewed a machine over @ S7 and stated how I felt one weapon was better than the other (Standard over snub ppc) and it seems the first things the next gen goes for are words like stupid or looking down on us.

pointed out that I had been playing since the 80s and they was like 'You'd have to be either blind or stupid to think that this mech would be better off with a standard PPC.'

that is just a small piece. I held my ground and it got worse "Honestly, this is a basic aspect of mech design, I have no idea how you made it this far while remaining so laughably ignorant."

"And if you've really been playing since the 80s, you must be incredibly dense to have failed to actually learn how to play the game WELL after all that time."

and I had always been respectful.. seems like some of these next gens don't know the meaning of respect...

If this is the next Gen I am worried about the future....

now I am not saying all are like this but still to personally attack someone over a mech design that isn't even their own is just utterly ridicules as there is never a time to personally attack someone.

I mean come on it was just my opinion and wanting to end it all by saying Agree to disagree...

*sighs*

sometimes I wonder why I ever post anything there...

Sorry for the rant just been bugging me for a while and Wonder if any of you have ever come across these types over the years?

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: what is up with most of the new Gen?

Post by Dread » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:33 am

I see them all the time, Dart. They are the typical example of this pampered, "give me" generation. They've never had to learn how to converse civilly. No one has ever taught them and more importantly, no one has ever jerked them up short when they were disrespectful. Now the behavior pattern is set, and it will take a miracle to change it.
"Ejection seats are for wimps! Real men ride 'em to the ground!" -- conversation overheard between a VTOL pilot and an aerojock.

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: what is up with most of the new Gen?

Post by Typhoon » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:55 am

Honestly, I do not think it is "this generation" nor any other generation that can be singled out for these kinds of people but the internet anonymity has helped exacerbate an age old problem.

I've run into these types at game conventions, business meetings, and elsewhere. People who feel that the are right regardless of whether they truly are and will steamroller over you so they can feel better about themselves. It really isn't just limited.