Announced Movies

Get your non-Battletech related angst out in the open here, and talk freely.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Announced Movies

Post by Ravion Hawk » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:54 pm

The wife was looking through IMDB and found some interesting titles that have been announced.

Rambo 5
Creed (Rocky 7 basically)
Triplets (Eddie Murphy joins Arnold and Danny)
Indiana Jones 5
Expendables 4
Terminator Genisys (T5)
Top Gun 2

We were cracking up at some of these. Expendables 4 should be good and Triplets might even be funny, but Top Gun 2 seems too far out of date with our current technology. Mind you, I'm not googling before I state my thoughts so I may be lacking information that may change my thoughts, but I do not recall the F/A-18 being a decent dog fighter and I AFAIK the F-22 is an Air Force toy.

Rambo 5 is supposedly taking place in Mexico against a drug cartel. Might have been better to use a South American cartel since that should give John Rambo some jungles to stomp around in instead of desert.

Anything you all want to add?
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Announced Movies

Post by GRUD » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:56 am

Wasn't Rambo 3 in Afghanistan? Or was it #2? Either way, Afghanistan isn't exactly known for it's "Sweltering Jungles". :lol: I keep hoping they'll do a Rocky vs. Rambo! If they can have Van Damme play twin brothers, or Arnold play a guy that's been cloned, they can certainly do RvR! :lol:

As for Expendables 4, I'm guessing Bruce Willis will be the new bad guy, since he hasn't been in any of them yet and he's the only "Old Action Star" left. I just hope they don't bring Jet Li back. He was in E2 for something like 2 minutes, and then Maybe 5 minutes in E3. Why the Hell even bother? :P Sure, I like the guy, but just showing up for a big paycheck is Bullshit.

Am I the only one Predicting that Triplets will be a bomb? :roll: As far as I'M concerned, the last decent movie Eddie made was Beverly Hills Cop 3. I guess I'm one of the few people on the planet that actually liked Pluto Nash, but I still liked BC3 better. The one where he's a Hostage Negotiator was pretty good also, but I can't remember the title. :oops: He hasn't put out anything worth watching in the past 10 years though.

What will the Plot be for IJ 5? "The Case of the Missing Walker!" Maybe Harrison Ford is helping his old girlfriend find her walker that's been stolen from her room in their nursing home? :lol: Like Danny Glover was saying in the Lethal Weapon movies, Indiana Jones is too old for that shtuff! :lol:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.
Mini Mule Avatar by Steve Ronin!

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Heavyguard
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Heavyguard » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:49 am

For TopGun 2;
Given that the F-18E/F/G Super Hornet has replaced the F-14 Tomcat in the Navy and at the current iteration of the TopGun school it makes sense they switch it to that to make it modern. The F/A-18 is also comparable to the MiG-29 Fulcrum and is often matched up against it. Note that the Tomcat was never a dogfighter at all, it was a heavy and large lumbering beast. Other option would be to use the F-35C Lighting II which is suppose to end up replacing F/A-18A,B,C & D in the future.

For IJ5;
I believe I.Jones already mentioned in the last movie that he was 'getting to old for this stuff'. My guess is it might be a hand-off to his son with him in it ala Sean Connery was, a main role in the film but not the focus of the film.

For T5;
Its also been announced that this is the start of a new trilogy (this time with all the rights sorted out first!) and had Arnold returning as T-800. And given the ages of the actors I'm guessing that that it's John going to rescue or help his mom and dad/best friend in the past.

For Expendables 4;
Man they gotta be hitting the bottom of the barrel by now for action stars. Lol.

Cynickle
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Cynickle » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:25 pm

Bruce Willis was in the first two movies with cameo roles. I believe his character's name was Church. Total airtime between the two films was less than ten minutes. He shared the screen Ahnuld in the first one, IIRC.
I'm the new messiah, Death Angel with a gun
Dangerous in my silence, Deadly to my cause

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:57 pm

Cynickle wrote:Bruce Willis was in the first two movies with cameo roles. I believe his character's name was Church. Total airtime between the two films was less than ten minutes. He shared the screen Ahnuld in the first one, IIRC.
You would be correct on E1. E2 he had a much bigger role.

Chuck Norris and Jet Li were the notable cameos in E2.

@ Heavyguard, thanks for the refresher. It has been years since I've kept up with military technology on the level I used to.
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:58 pm

Cynickle wrote:Bruce Willis was in the first two movies with cameo roles. I believe his character's name was Church. Total airtime between the two films was less than ten minutes. He shared the screen Ahnuld in the first one, IIRC.
Crap, that's right. I'd TOTALLY forgotten about him being in them! :oops: :lol:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.
Mini Mule Avatar by Steve Ronin!

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:43 pm

GRUD wrote:
Crap, that's right. I'd TOTALLY forgotten about him being in them! :oops: :lol:
In your defense, his part was forgettable in the first one.