GenCon wants your feedback

Get your non-Battletech related angst out in the open here, and talk freely.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

GenCon wants your feedback

Post by Ravion Hawk » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:18 pm

With recent events in Indiana, GenCon has issued a letter to the attendees outlining their stance on the issue and would like feedback from attendees about their experience with GenCon 2015 no matter if the experience was good or bad.

In short, GenCon is contracted until 2020 to be in Indianapolis, IN. Discussions on whether to stay in Indiana or to move the convention elsewhere have already begun.

Contact information is contained in the linked PDF which includes phone and e-mail contact.

http://files.gencon.com/Letter_to_Attendees.pdf

Please be aware that many companies have already announced that they are pulling out of Indiana and GenCon attendees may even notice some company booths may not make an appearance at the convention.

I am leaving this open for discussion for now but if this gets toxic, offending messages WILL BE deleted and the topic locked.

What would be VERY appreciated is if anyone who catches wind that a booth will not be showing up at GenCon 2015 to please post it and a link to the annoucment.

Thank you all for reading and if you are attending GenCon 2015, please give GenCon your feedback.
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: GenCon wants your feedback

Post by Ravion Hawk » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:37 pm

Here is a screen capture of the Iron Wind Metals Facebook page I took of their latest post:
IWM.png
Further, here is the latest letter from GenCon that IWM is linking to on thier Facebook page.

http://files.gencon.com/Gen_Con_Anti-Di ... r_2015.pdf

If IWM puts a statement on their site, I will link it here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Typhoon » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:23 am

There seems to be some scrambling by the "powers that be" in Indiana to alleviate the situation, so this all may be moot at some point.

I am hoping that a solution can be found.

Cynickle
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Cynickle » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:26 pm

The situation in Indiana is beyond ridiculous. The rest of this post has been deleted.
I'm the new messiah, Death Angel with a gun
Dangerous in my silence, Deadly to my cause