Wake Up Everyone!

Get your non-Battletech related angst out in the open here, and talk freely.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Wake Up Everyone!

Post by Ravion Hawk » Tue May 26, 2015 7:56 am

***runs through the boards with a flashing red and blue light on a baseball cap***

BEEDOO BEEDOO BEEDOO BEEDOO BEEDOO BEEDOO

Wake up everyone!

***stops and looks around***

Anyone still here? I know we have enough room for massed sleep overs here.

***starts running around again***

BEEDOO BEEDOO BEEDOO BEEDOO BEEDOO BEEDOO
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Wake Up Everyone!

Post by Dread » Wed May 27, 2015 8:44 pm

Place is pretty empty.

I haven't been on much of anything in the last week. Sister's house caught on fire. Trying to work a bunch of OT to help them out. Kitchen is a total loss, no insurance, but on the plus side, they all got out without any burns.
"Ejection seats are for wimps! Real men ride 'em to the ground!" -- conversation overheard between a VTOL pilot and an aerojock.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:33 pm

FT job + side work + full time college + house reno...

gah.
I have no life. :(

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

Smoke_Jaguar
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Smoke_Jaguar » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:40 pm

*returns from hiding from the internet police*
I'm back baby!
MWO: Backup

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:41 pm

Smoke_Jaguar wrote:*returns from hiding from the internet police*
GOTCHA!
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:16 am

***starts patrolling in the Cave Bear Bravo***
Cave_Bear_Bravo.jpg
Yes, it is 200 tons.

When I get all the repaints done, then I'll get the sheets and pics up of the whole set.

***starts stomping around to wake up the boards***
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:37 pm

You know... I look at models these days with different eyes than I used to see with. I still see a neat looking model that represents a fun game, but now I also can't help but list off the problems with the design of the mech, were it a real machine. Like... How would that thing even move more than short, shuffling steps? How does it keep from face planting? At least this one isn't spindly and leaving an observer wondering just how a set of matchsticks for limbs could possibly be battlefield worthy, or have those silly flying antenna blade looking things that apparently serve no useful purpose.
"Ejection seats are for wimps! Real men ride 'em to the ground!" -- conversation overheard between a VTOL pilot and an aerojock.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:08 am

RULE of COOL, Dude...

you aint in the Army no mo'. :lol:

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:20 am

Dread wrote:You know... I look at models these days with different eyes than I used to see with. I still see a neat looking model that represents a fun game, but now I also can't help but list off the problems with the design of the mech, were it a real machine. Like... How would that thing even move more than short, shuffling steps? How does it keep from face planting? At least this one isn't spindly and leaving an observer wondering just how a set of matchsticks for limbs could possibly be battlefield worthy, or have those silly flying antenna blade looking things that apparently serve no useful purpose.

***gives Dread the Evil Eye***

You trying to kill the catgirls???

I'll sic all my Cave Bears on you! All 1200 tons worth!
WIP_Cave_Bears.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:55 am

only 200 tons?

they look closer to 400...

rather.. 'big-boned'. :lol:

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:51 am

Did you just make them the butt of a "Fat Joke?" :shock:

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:43 am

Hahahaha!!

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:02 pm

***calls in Cave Bear Alpha***
Cave_Bear_Alpha.jpg
I've got two done...

Still calling them fat?

BTW, the reason they're not being shown at LotB is because I have to find a web server that will stay up reliably.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 pm

send me one for Testing and Evaluation before I'll take THAT one back. :lol:

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:53 pm

Here are the Alpha Strike cards for the ones shown:
AS_Cave_Bear_Alpha.png
AS_Cave_Bear_Bravo.png

Here are the Battletech Techsheets:
(Please note that the software used to make the sheets added two extra Gyro Crits. Feel free to strike them out as "Roll Again" or keep them there to make them a little more vulnerable.)
Cave_Bear_Alpha.png
Cave_Bear_Bravo.png

Dart Omega
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dart Omega » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:08 am

been lurking everyone and again, been playing MWO as of late so I have been a little busy.
pain in the backside to learn, fun though.

that an also changing somethings on my facebook account & my password on my emails as well as my Facebook was hacked.

annoyed me to no end.

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 am

Dart Omega wrote:been lurking everyone and again, been playing MWO as of late so I have been a little busy.
pain in the backside to learn, fun though.

that an also changing somethings on my facebook account & my password on my emails as well as my Facebook was hacked.

annoyed me to no end.
Good to see you around.

I was starting to wonder if you had abandoned your Facebook. Send me a request again when you got it sorted out.

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Typhoon » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:26 am

Well, after almost a month in Canada, a week to sort myself out after I got back to Japan, and a couple of weeks to get back into going to school during the day then teaching at night I am finally getting back to BTU.

I was home in Canada from July 15th to August 13th. I had a great, relaxing vacation. Wish it was longer but, oh well, someone's got to pay for my bad habits ( eating, drinking, sleeping in a nice bed :wink: ). Getting back to work was tough this year, I just did not seem to feel like it. It was tougher than it ever has been before. Not sure why.

Had an interesting happening on my way back to Japan. I was due to fly out of my hometown on August 11th, got to the airport that morning and was informed the plane was delayed and would be an hour late. Okay, I fine with that as long as I can make it to my flight to Japan. The plane arrives after an hour and a half, we board and take off. This is a small plane which seats about 30 people so no flight attendant, just the passengers and the two pilots.

Not even fifteen minutes from my hometown airport one of the passengers gets out of his seat and heads up to the talk to the pilots. The co-pilot comes back into the cabin and checks the floor behind the first seat then heads back into her seat. I look over to where she was looking and see small wisps of smoke rising from a joint in the floor. These wisps were like your breath on a cold day, you could see them but it was gone almost instantly, and there was no smell. The plane then began to turn around and go back to where we started.

Upon returning there were three police cars, two fire trucks, and a paramedic vehicle sitting on the tarmac near the terminal. They got us off the plane quickly and the paramedics rushed over to talk to us, everybody was fine, no ill effects.

After that I went over to the ticket counter to see how I was going to get back to Japan. I ended up with several choices one of which meant flying from my hometown to Toronto, then to Vancouver, then to Seoul Korea, then to Tokyo, and finally to my final destination. All this would take over 48 hours of travel. The other choice was almost as arduous. I had an idea and asked the agent if I could fly out the next day, August 12th. No problem! It was booked and I stayed one more night at my mother's place and left the next day.

I figured that if something happened on my subsequent flights I would take it as a sign that I shouldn't be travelling back. This time everything went smoothly!

One thing I did learn from my flights, to Canada and back to Japan, is that Business Class seats are marvellous! I flying that class again next year if I can.

I am on FaceBook if anyone wants to contact me. Look for Steven Williams.

Dart Omega
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dart Omega » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:18 pm

anyone who drinks wine so be careful for some have a bite to them http://theworldwelivein.net/snake-prese ... tes-woman/

oh and I finally have my FB back under my complete control :)

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:14 pm

Just sent a request to you Typhoon. Look for the Atlas.

Dart, I'll see if I can find you, but I can be found by my handle.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:11 pm

Sorry to say, but I haven't FB in years.

Steve, good to hear you're ok in your flying adventures.