XBox 360 Video Issues?

Get your non-Battletech related angst out in the open here, and talk freely.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

XBox 360 Video Issues?

Post by GRUD » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:32 pm

For starters, I realize I Might be able to find an answer somewhere online. Given my pokey dialup connection though, I thought I'd post about it first, to see if anyone was having similar problems. Someone with a high-speed connection can find an answer in minutes. With MY connection, make that HOURS. :P

Here's the deal. While playing a game, the screen will go black, and a second or 2 later my TV will pop up a message saying something like "No Signal", like the HDMI cable wasn't connected all the way or something. :confuse: Now, seeing as how I'll have been playing for a little while before it does this (at least 10 minutes, sometimes an hour or so), I KNOW the cable is plugged in snugly, as I haven't been moving the system around any while playing. The screen will stay black for anywhere between 5 and 20 seconds, then the picture will come back. I think this has happened while playing Skyrim and Borderlands 2, maybe even Diablo III. My system is the Star Wars 360 also, if that matters any. I bought it brand new, and while I have several games on it, the HD still has a lot of empty space on it, so at least it isn't trying to die from being too full. I can't say how many hundreds (or thousands?) of hours I've spent playing on it though. :|

Has anyone else had this come up while playing? It doesn't happen every time, but it Has happened 3 or 4 times, for no apparent reason. Since the HDMI cable is secure, I'm wondering if it is a "System Failure" sort of thing, and I'm worried if it is time to start looking for a replacement SW 360? :( While I've got an XBone, I still have MANY games for my 360 that I either still enjoy playing or haven't finished the campaign for yet. I've yet to finish: Bioshock 1, 2 & Infinite (Shut Up! :lol: ), Borderlands 2 and The Pre-sequel, COD: Black ops 2, Dead Rising series, Dead Space 2 & 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Fable 1 and 2, Far Cry 2 (and I HAVE finished 3 & 4!), Syndicate, TES: Oblivion, and several others. So, I've got a Few more hours needed on my 360 yet. :roll:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.
Mini Mule Avatar by Steve Ronin!

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: XBox 360 Video Issues?

Post by Ravion Hawk » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:13 am

I'll give you a call later tonight to go over some easy troubleshooting for you, but it sounds like you are having the same problem my PS3 did when I inherited it.

The RCA portion of the A/V block was wearing down since it was used the most. I attached an HDMI cable to the HDMI portion of the A/V block and haven't had any issues since.
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."