Learning...

Get your non-Battletech related angst out in the open here, and talk freely.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

Dart Omega
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Learning...

Post by Dart Omega » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:24 am

To keep my mouth shut...
I was on the MWO forums early and was talking about fixing the GR in the game, and I tried to explain why I was having trouble with it and made the mistake of opening up about my MS and why it was so hard for me to learn something.

it happened because the guy was spouting off about how well his kid could do what I couldn't and gave up on as it was very frustrating for me.

and kept going on and on about how his kid was able to do something a grown man should be able to do.

I know there are others worse off but still to be little me because I am not as bad off as them.

I didn't do it for pity by any means just explaining.. which I didn't know could be so wrong...
It also doesn't help that I learned that my life span compared to those without MS is 3-4 years shorter....

I'm sorry I didn't mean to rant just needed to get it off my chest and you guys all know me far better than anyone else.....

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Learning...

Post by Ravion Hawk » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:39 am

No worries dude.

I refuse to acknowledge MWO now because of the toxic player base and inability to conform to the original source material.
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."

Dart Omega
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dart Omega » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:28 pm

Yeah, it's like every time someone tries to bring the game at the very least weapon systems in line with the source many become well down right mean.

What happened to me is pure proof of how toxic it is.

I couldn't help but think how quickly you guys would stop the abuse, it's like the mods there just don't care about how abusive some of their posters are.

Sometimes I cannot help but feel if it was me being toxic that I would most likely be in trouble, its like CBT its who you know that can keep you out of trouble.

unlike here were I know even if it was me being an ass I know you guys will treat me the same & thats how mods and sites should work.

I am just glad that BTU is here, one of the few places that still have sane and good people left when it comes to our fan community.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:05 pm

We got your back around here, Dart.

And anywhere else where I can do something about it. :thumleft:

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE