Nice to See Some Old Faces Again!

Get your non-Battletech related angst out in the open here, and talk freely.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

Triptych
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Nice to See Some Old Faces Again!

Post by Triptych » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:08 pm

So glad this site is still active, its been almost ten years since I've been here. Hi, everybody! :mrgreen:

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Nice to See Some Old Faces Again!

Post by Typhoon » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:02 am

Wow! It has been a while. Glad to see your still alive and kicking!

Things are very, very quiet here these days. Most of the old guard have moved on and the rest of us come here from time to time. I miss the heydays of BTU but just do not have the time to put into the site and my schedule drew me away from BT. Trying to get back into the game now but it will be slow going since my schedule is still as hectic as ever.

I keep hoping we can draw some old members back. Fingers crossed. Where's the MANGO?

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:25 am

HIYA Trip!

It is GOOD to see you again.

Yes, we are still here.

We aren't the hubblebub of excitement, flame wars and coolness that we used to be...
but we're still here.

Folks like yourself, thecircus, Typhoon, et al. still browse through.

I check in every day, as does Ravion, Speck, and several others.

I'm expecting that the excitement about the new Battletech KS will bring in new and old faces.

But it's dang good to see you again. Stick around, catch up on my blog.

As for the MANGO... well, his Suckmeister is around, probably finding yet another fantastic deal on the rarest of items.

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

Triptych
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Triptych » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:41 am

Typhoon wrote:Wow! It has been a while. Glad to see your still alive and kicking!

Things are very, very quiet here these days. Most of the old guard have moved on and the rest of us come here from time to time. I miss the heydays of BTU but just do not have the time to put into the site and my schedule drew me away from BT. Trying to get back into the game now but it will be slow going since my schedule is still as hectic as ever.

I keep hoping we can draw some old members back. Fingers crossed. Where's the MANGO?
Hiya, Ty! How's your school in Tokyo doing? :thumleft:

For myself I'm sort of semi-retired now, I've got managers running my company so I can sit back and relax with my son (who is turning 5 next month), I've also started writing again, this time professionally now that I can easily self-publish using Amazon and D2D so everything is just great!
Steve Ronin wrote:HIYA Trip!

It is GOOD to see you again.

Yes, we are still here.

We aren't the hubblebub of excitement, flame wars and coolness that we used to be...
but we're still here.

Folks like yourself, thecircus, Typhoon, et al. still browse through.

I check in every day, as does Ravion, Speck, and several others.

I'm expecting that the excitement about the new Battletech KS will bring in new and old faces.

But it's dang good to see you again. Stick around, catch up on my blog.

As for the MANGO... well, his Suckmeister is around, probably finding yet another fantastic deal on the rarest of items.
Hey Steve! Glad to see you and Ty! AVA should show up soon hopefully, it's cool to see Shalom, Circus and Turboturtle's names in staff. Where's Blackhawk and Lawgiver these days? :D

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:31 am

***Looks around***

Am I looking at a ghost???

Great to see another face.

Lawgiver and Blackhawk... LG disappeared quite some time ago and I don't recall seeing him since. As to Blackhawk, I recall seeing him on Yahoo IM but seeing as how most people have moved to Facebook, Skype, Twitter, etc. he never responded to my message which leads me to believe he was just checking his email and wasn't even on the YIM.

I catch AVA once in a while on Facebook. I seem to recall him announcing that he was retiring from kit-bashing.

I've been monitoring the site daily since we had HeroChip make his presence known awhile back. That is also when I got promoted.

We've got Dread and GRUD that stop in often. GRUD is stuck in the boonies and can only get dial-up service so his presence is intermittent, but still regular of sorts.

Most others have disappeared because one of the site updates screwed up a ton of the accounts and I bring them to Speck's attention when the account user gets a hold of me on Facebook.

Good to see you back.

***stalks off to the control room***
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Typhoon » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:27 am

I wish I was "semi-retired", must be nice! :cry:

Things were going great guns back before the earthquake in 2011. After that my school has been maintaining a level it was at before 2008 when I had to add another teacher to help out. Since I am back to just me small is okay but when I add in the fact that I am teaching in kindergartens, elementary, and Jr High schools on week days I don't have a lot of time to myself any more. Hobbies? What hobbies? Who has time?

I also lost interest in BT for a while since I had no time and no players anywhere close to me. However, there is a guy I know an hour and a bit away who comes up a few times a year to get in a game, you can see our last game on FB's Battletech International group page. That has helped renew my interest. It has made me come here more often too. But, unfortunately, it's a ghost town any more. I miss the good days of BTU.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:31 pm

Welcome to BTU.org... we're the "Mayberry" of the fan site universe.

which makes RAVION ...umm... 'Barney'. :lol: :D :lol:

*runs away before Rav can get his bullet out of his pocket*

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:32 am

barney-fife.jpg
Not much gets by me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:41 pm

Steve Ronin wrote:As for the MANGO... well, his Suckmeister is around, probably finding yet another fantastic deal on the rarest of items.
Thanks to Zac, I'm now the PROUD owner of the following!

MFUK Axeman AXM-2NA
MFUK Highlander "Claymore"
MFUK Mackie

YES, that's MFUK Mackie! 8) If it wasn't for Zac, I'd STILL be looking for all 3! And of course, I got them at Suckmeister-Equivalent prices! :mrgreen:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.
Mini Mule Avatar by Steve Ronin!

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:29 am

now just pack some up and carry them down to ME :lol: :mrgreen:

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Typhoon » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:42 am

GRUD wrote:
Steve Ronin wrote:As for the MANGO... well, his Suckmeister is around, probably finding yet another fantastic deal on the rarest of items.
Thanks to Zac, I'm now the PROUD owner of the following!

MFUK Axeman AXM-2NA
MFUK Highlander "Claymore"
MFUK Mackie

YES, that's MFUK Mackie! 8) If it wasn't for Zac, I'd STILL be looking for all 3! And of course, I got them at Suckmeister-Equivalent prices! :mrgreen:
I wonder if that was the MFUK Mackie that I sent him a few years back? Has it made it's way 2/3rds of the way around the world? Actually, it has been all around the world considering it was shipped from the UK to Canada originally, then from Canada to Japan, then Japan back to the UK, and now to the States. If this is the one I had years ago then it is one well travelled miniature. :shock:

GRUD
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by GRUD » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:21 pm

Typhoon wrote:I wonder if that was the MFUK Mackie that I sent him a few years back? Has it made it's way 2/3rds of the way around the world? Actually, it has been all around the world considering it was shipped from the UK to Canada originally, then from Canada to Japan, then Japan back to the UK, and now to the States. If this is the one I had years ago then it is one well travelled miniature. :shock:
No, an RPE Employee was selling the minis he got for me. He was a "Proxy Bidder" for me for a Mackie, and got sniped with 3 seconds left, then the Seller contacted him a few days later about some "Extras" that he had. One of those "Second Chance" deals. It turned out Very Well in my favor! :thumleft: :thumleft: :wink:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.
"Remember. No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai - PhD, Rocket Scientist, Musician.
Mini Mule Avatar by Steve Ronin!

"THE PAPER CUT MASTER"

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Typhoon » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:29 pm

GRUD wrote:
Typhoon wrote:I wonder if that was the MFUK Mackie that I sent him a few years back? Has it made it's way 2/3rds of the way around the world? Actually, it has been all around the world considering it was shipped from the UK to Canada originally, then from Canada to Japan, then Japan back to the UK, and now to the States. If this is the one I had years ago then it is one well travelled miniature. :shock:
No, an RPE Employee was selling the minis he got for me. He was a "Proxy Bidder" for me for a Mackie, and got sniped with 3 seconds left, then the Seller contacted him a few days later about some "Extras" that he had. One of those "Second Chance" deals. It turned out Very Well in my favor! :thumleft: :thumleft: :wink:

Cool! Nice score! :thumleft:

I was debating whether I was going to say "It went to a good home!" or buy a plane ticket to London to beat Zac over the head with a sponge for selling it on. The former was cheaper and true but I did feel a twinge of the latter emotion. If Zac is getting rid of it I'd like to be first on the list; I don't need it but.... :mrgreen: