Fixme Stick

Get your non-Battletech related angst out in the open here, and talk freely.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Fixme Stick

Post by Dread » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:22 am

I just got a new toy... It's called the FixMe Stick. It's supposed to be a super anti-virus cleaner, and I think it's working. It found 4 Trojans on my system that Sophos has missed for who knows how long. My computer is running much faster than it was before the scan and clean.

I'm running it on my fiancé's system right now, but from the improvement on my own system, I highly recommend it as of right now.
"Ejection seats are for wimps! Real men ride 'em to the ground!" -- conversation overheard between a VTOL pilot and an aerojock.

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Fixme Stick

Post by Ravion Hawk » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:46 am

Have you not heard of Avast! Antivirus?
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:13 pm

I have not, no...
"Ejection seats are for wimps! Real men ride 'em to the ground!" -- conversation overheard between a VTOL pilot and an aerojock.

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:54 pm

Been using it for years and I have had no problems. Best of all it is free.

But then again, I also have enough PCs that I can slave a drive to one and run Avast if I feel the need to scan the drive.

IF I feel I need to do a scan with Linux, I can have Comodo (since most AVs don't support Linux)on my Ubuntu laptop and slave my drives to it.

Ubuntu is free and Comodo for Ubuntu is free.
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."

Dread
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dread » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:57 am

Your IT roots are showing, Rav. I have no clue what Ubuntu or the other stuff is.

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:40 pm

Dread wrote:Your IT roots are showing, Rav. I have no clue what Ubuntu or the other stuff is.
I am laughing SO hard right now.

I'm glad I fit the mold for my job.