Prayers for Dread

Get your non-Battletech related angst out in the open here, and talk freely.

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Steve Ronin

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Prayers for Dread

Post by Ravion Hawk » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:00 am

The notice I saw this morning on Facebook (names have been edited/omitted):
Friends and family, please be in prayer for my high school friend Dread. He and his girlfriend [omitted] were involved in a serious car accident and he is in critical condition with a severed spinal cord and on a ventilator awaiting his family's arrival to Dallas. Dread is a retired veteran who served in Iraq and Afghanistan. Their vehicle was struck by a charter bus and the doctors are not expecting him to survive. God is bigger. Please pray for traveling mercies for his sister [omitted] and her girls and for his parents. This sweet family has had some heavy burdens as of late. Dread is strong in his faith and I know he's a fighter. His girlfriend was also inured but treated and released with a head injury.
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: Prayers for Dread

Post by Steve Ronin » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:09 pm

I ask/plead any and all who may read this to take a moment of silence and beg blessings and healing for our friend, in whatever form your religion allows.

Think, O God, of our friend who is severely injured, whom we now commend to Your compassionate regard. Comfort him and ease his suffering. We beg for deliverance, and your Divine healing. We submit that no healing is too hard for the Lord, if it be Your will.
We therefore pray that You bless our friend with Your loving care, renew his strength, and heal what ails him in Your loving name. Lord, we beg you to spare our friend's life, both for our friendships and for his family.
We plead for his healing in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Typhoon » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:43 am

I'm not one who tells people what I believe in or don't, it's a private matter that I keep to myself and let others decide for themselves. (I won't debate this issue further because this is not the place) However, I am thinking of Dread and his family now and trying to send all the best wishes I can for his recovery.

This is shocking and sad news and I hope he recovers from this tragedy.

Get well, Dread, get well!

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:41 am

We are all of different walks of faith and we are cool with each other.

May the Gods and Goddesses watch over him and bring him back to us.
So Mote it Be, Blessed Be.
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:02 am

Gentlemen, it is with a heavy heart that I deliver saddening news.

Chris Dickerson, better known as Dread at BTU will be taken off life support today. The family has not made this public yet, but has allowed me to update the communities of LotB and BTU.

If we can get something together (ie. pics) of his beloved hobby, the family would like to have the chance to include them at his memorial service.

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:33 pm

He was taken off life support about 90 minutes ago.

Any condolences here and from LotB will be compiled by me and added to the memorial I am writing then sent to his family.

Any pics of him or work he has done please post here.

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:50 pm

His family has set up a You Caring funding account to help with funeral costs.

www.youcaring.com/the-family-of-chris-dickerson-467847

Cynickle
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Cynickle » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:46 pm

I am sorry for the loss of your friend and the loss to the BT community as a whole. My condolences to those who knew and loved him.
I'm the new messiah, Death Angel with a gun
Dangerous in my silence, Deadly to my cause

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Typhoon » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:10 am

Here's my few words. Please add it to any condolences made.

I only knew Chris through our mutual love of Battletech. We were members of various web sites and shared our love for the hobby on those sites.

Even though I did not know Chris in person I felt a strong sense of the person he was, kind, caring, and treating others with honour. He had my respect. And he will continue to have it despite this tragic accident. I will miss his input into our shared hobby and into the sites.

It is with great sadness that I offer my condolences to Chris's family and friends. However, please take comfort in knowing that he touched many lives even though he never met many of those lives in person and they will remember him. He will be missed by many of us.

Condolences.
Steve Williams (Typhoon)

Triptych
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Triptych » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:50 pm

Condolences to his friends and family. Very sad news. :(

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Ravion Hawk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:45 pm

It has gotten really quiet around here.

I find that I miss him more each day. I'm friends with his sister on FB and have passed along everything from everyone.

Dart Omega
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Dart Omega » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:04 pm

I wish I had seen this sooner Rowan,
but I cannot help but reply as I too agree that it feels like the world is a little emptier than it was before. each new year passes on and our friends that are no longer with us in the physical realm, they will always be with us in our memories and our hearts, never forgotten, and always loved, they will be with us always.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:21 am

our online game group has gotten smaller and quieter over the years.

each loss hurts in its own way.

losing a player due to loss of interest in the site (God forbid) or the game,

well, that hurts.

the loss of AJ, James and now Chris: hurts all the more because we know there are family

and very close personal friends who miss them more.

almost 13 years I've been on this site ...

my Princess is barely older than my membership.

and losing one of y'all really hits home.

If YOU haven't today, take a moment to pray for the families of our fallen friends.

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE