Mecha Games Other Than Battletech

Discuss general gaming issues NOT specifically related to MechWarrior, MechCommander, MechAssault or BT PnP games

Moderator: Ravion Hawk

IAMCLANWOLF

Post by IAMCLANWOLF » Wed May 24, 2006 12:13 pm

Typhoon wrote:I have read something about a mecha game from Rackham Games in France. IIRC, it is presently called AT-43. The mini look very nice but rumour has it it is a CMG.

AT-43 should be out by next christmas, take a look... :twisted:

My Portfolio

FOREVER [Ulric] KERENSKY!

Justicar
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Justicar » Wed May 24, 2006 12:47 pm

That pic, while incredibly cool, is not what the AT-43 mecha look like (the article associated with that pic is wrong/out of date). Rackham's english forum has links to the actual models. Frankly, I'm not impressed with the direction they're going.

IAMCLANWOLF

Post by IAMCLANWOLF » Wed May 24, 2006 1:17 pm

What the...Rackham makes some of the most beautiful miniatures on the planet and this is what they give us for a mecha game? This is just a rip off of DP-9's Gear Krieg...

My Portfolio

FOREVER [Ulric] KERENSKY!

crimthann_coyle
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by crimthann_coyle » Wed May 24, 2006 1:50 pm

in the list of mecha pc games, I forgot to list earthsiege 1 & 2 and starsiege; for those of you who are familiar with tribes, it's set in the same universe, a few millenias (?) earlier. it's kind of the parent of the tribes series. there are some differences between it an mechwarrior, in one sense it was more closely associated with the present so in some ways felt more realistic; for example, some of the mechs (called 'hercs' short for h.e.r.c.u.l.e.a.n.s which I fortunately forget the meaning of) of the martian rebel force were actually industrial mechs converted for military use against the oppressive earth based solar hegemony (in place after the earthsieges, to defend against further attacks by the AI 'Prometheus' and its army of 'cybrids' who started the earthsieges).

I loved this game, not because it was graphically spectacular or the mechs were cooler (although the cybrid mechs in the last game were organic looking due to nanotech), but because the storyline and background literature was incredibly well-developed. it really drew you in.
'this is the old way. you will not see it again.'

'You become a part of the story you tell. What battles you remember, are battles you wage, and your speech enlists your hearer to join your cause.'

Justicar
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Justicar » Thu May 25, 2006 5:26 pm

IAMCLANWOLF wrote:What the...Rackham makes some of the most beautiful miniatures on the planet and this is what they give us for a mecha game? This is just a rip off of DP-9's Gear Krieg...

Well, that's understandable, given that AT-43 is WWII mecha... It's based on some alternate history...the name escapes me atm.
Last edited by Justicar on Thu May 25, 2006 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lawgiver
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Lawgiver » Thu May 25, 2006 5:50 pm

Wow. That's the first I've seen of the Rackham stuff. Don't expect to see those at ERH anytime in the near future. :(

BlackHornet
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by BlackHornet » Tue May 30, 2006 4:54 pm

I've only seen stuff from DP9 and CAV.
Either one can be worked into a CBT unit so both are good in my book.
BlackHawk01-"Everyone knows a cool BattleBuggy needs a bitchin' set of pipes..."

Soulfire

Post by Soulfire » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:12 pm

You may want to have a look at the mech MMORPG under development called Force of Arms. It is using the HERO games roleplaying system which is a skill based system, so it should be very flexible. Here's a 1 minute trailer of some early footage and concept art from the game:

http://www.forceofarms.com/movies/FOA_1Minute_Final.wmv

Albrecht Jorgensson
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Albrecht Jorgensson » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:25 am

I've played both Legions of Steel and Ronin, both are.. descent games, but kind of boring. Some of the Legion of Steel models are pretty good for Mech's (mainly the bad guys, look like T-800/T-1000 Terminators on steroids) and the Ronin range is good for some of it's smaller back-up weaponry bitz. You may have to gohunting for these games, LoS is very old and out of date, and the Ronin I saw in a shop once and then next time I was there, it was gone.
How do I spell 'Politics'? C-O-W-A-R-D-I-C-E

Image Image
My Blog: http://thetwitcherspulpit.blogspot.com/

Dark Sun Drakon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

A lists of other mech based video games.

Post by Dark Sun Drakon » Fri May 14, 2010 4:22 am

Armored Core.
Gundam.
Robo Tech .
The original Snatcher Cyber Punk video game.(This video is where you fight androids)
Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots,the scene where Solid Snake squares off piloting Metal Gear Rex while
fighting Liquid Snakes Metal Gear Ray.
Front Mission video games.
Zone of the Enders one and 2.
Greetings to those that favor the Draonise Combine House.
In do time I will be putting pictures of my Battle tech unit
and my miniature styro foam hexagonal Battle tech dioramas
on to this website soon. Later !