WHAT ARE FACTIONS? HOW DO I JOIN ONE?

New to the site? Start your experience here!

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Typhoon

Speck
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

WHAT ARE FACTIONS? HOW DO I JOIN ONE?

Post by Speck »

BTU has a very complex, distinct, and unique faction & ranking system. In fact, I have yet to find another Battletech-related forum that comes close to matching the dynamic system we have in place! Registered members can request to join a Battletech faction. Now to clarify the word for you, faction in this case refers to any organized unit, team, society, or civilization in Battletech. Clan Ghost Bear is as much of a faction as the Draconis Combine or the Marian Hegemony. The Gray Death Legion or Kell Hounds, mercenary units, are also factions. We allow any organized unit that has been created within the Battletech Universe to be a faction.

Each faction has its own ranking system of course. When you choose a given faction, you are automatically a part of their ranking heirarchy. If you are a brand new member, you will start at ground zero. If you've been here a while and have posted, you may be assigned a rank a few steps up the food chain. Basically, your rank is determined by your post count. The more you post, the higher you increase in rank. But its not easy. Some factions, like the Lyran Commonwealth, have a LOT of individual levels of command. To reach the highest level in the LC, Archon, it takes 2500 posts. In most cases, each rank in each faction is spaced evenly apart as much as could be done. Some factions have much less individual ranks than others. The Clans, for example, have usually only half as many ranks as LC does.

Gaining rank is different for each faction (though some may be identical). 25 posts may be all it takes to get you to the next level. Sometimes 100 or more is required. In most of the senior ranks, it can take several hundred posts to reach the next rank. Just like the real world, making rank aint always easy! For any given faction, despite the number of ranks it contains, it will take anywhere from 1500 to 2500 posts to reach the most senior rank. This helps make it fun so that everyone doesn't "max out" their ranks after the first month.

To view all of the current factions we currently have available, go to Faction Lists. You are able to join a faction on the Faction that you want to join. Once you have submitted the forum, at the top of the screen will say "Thank you for your e-mail". I will be notified via email and will take care of the adjustments when I am able to.

NOTE. YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED MEMBER OF THIS FORUM TO JOIN A FACTION. Your faction choice and rank is displayed when you post, and you can't post anywhere unless you are a member anyway! :)

Now, we don't yet have every Battletech faction in here. We are working on it though! If you wish to join a faction we don't have listed yet, contact us here, give them a brief description of what it is and we will work on getting it up.
Site Administrator of Battletech Universe and Iron Wind Metals

"If you want Peace then you must prepare for War."

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: WHAT ARE FACTIONS? HOW DO I JOIN ONE?

Post by AVA MANGO TWO »

What about custom factions carried over from the old site to the new site, i have noticed that they are not listed in the new faction selection, can i assume that they will be added eventually once all the more important work has been addressed? from Zac the homeless Redstar Renegade.

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Typhoon »

Probably sent several requests, I didn't notice the "Thank you for your email" at the top until my 3rd or 4th try. :oops: :roll:

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO »

:lol: It's going to take a bit of getting used to i guess but so far i am really liking what i am seeing, give yourself a pat on the back Mark. :)

Speck
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Speck »

AVA MANGO TWO wrote:What about custom factions carried over from the old site to the new site, i have noticed that they are not listed in the new faction selection, can i assume that they will be added eventually once all the more important work has been addressed? from Zac the homeless Redstar Renegade.
They are available on the Faction Lists by and Click "Units and Leagues" at the bottom of the list. Or once you are logged in, you can select Faction on top and go down to Join a Unit or League and select which one you want to join. I will slowly get the contact on the forum assigned to the members who created them. Once they approve a new member, I will have to make the back end changes.

Speck
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Speck »

AVA MANGO TWO wrote::lol: It's going to take a bit of getting used to i guess but so far i am really liking what i am seeing, give yourself a pat on the back Mark. :)
It will take a little getting use to for what needs done on the back end now. I had the wrong email in the contact forms so I had to change that tonight. Also realized I did not add all of the main faction logos like I thought. Images are in the right folder, I am just adding them as they come up.

Speck
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Speck »

Just a FYI, there are some Factions that I have to add the Rank images to there groups. So Please bare with me as I add them. Thought I did them all, but I guess not.

Rayo Azul
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Rayo Azul »

Speck wrote:Just a FYI, there are some Factions that I have to add the Rank images to there groups. So Please bare with me as I add them. Thought I did them all, but I guess not.
Okay, that explains the lack of my Dark Falcons Khanship. Shall wait as pateiently as normal... :wink:

Cheers

Rayo

Speck
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Speck »

Rayo Azul wrote:
Speck wrote:Just a FYI, there are some Factions that I have to add the Rank images to there groups. So Please bare with me as I add them. Thought I did them all, but I guess not.
Okay, that explains the lack of my Dark Falcons Khanship. Shall wait as pateiently as normal... :wink:

Cheers

Rayo
I Have a list of the ones I have to go back and assign the ranks. I will be working on some this weekend.