HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT BTU?

New to the site? Start your experience here!

Moderators: AVA MANGO TWO, Ravion Hawk, Typhoon

Mr.Humble
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Mr.Humble »

Found it shortly after it started up.....only thing of any value i remember contributing to the site was bringing MegaMek into it.

Met lots of good people here :wink:

DestroyerDan
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by DestroyerDan »

Found this forum through a Member on eBay. Loved the layout and content so much, decided I'd join. After the many "Die robot" general error messages. :(
Hi, my name is Dan, and I'm a Warhammer mech Collectaholic...

Rommel Twee
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Rommel Twee »

Welcome to BTU Dan :!:
~Kirk~ (alderfek@aol.com)

"North of Mason, South of Dixon, 2nd star to the right."

ImageImage

DestroyerDan
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by DestroyerDan »

I must say this has been one of the friendliest and useful forums I've ever joined! :)
Hi, my name is Dan, and I'm a Warhammer mech Collectaholic...

AVA MANGO TWO
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by AVA MANGO TWO »

We are pleased you think so... we are just a friendly bunch of guys shareing our enthusiasm for a great game. :D zac

Einher
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Einher »

Found the site by searching for classic battletech and looking through the battletech web ring.

The Maverick
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

found site

Post by The Maverick »

I found the site via LotB and HPG. Yeah I have lurked/posted more on LotB/HPG, hope to spend a lot more time on BTU now. 8)

I just signed up as a Knight!

Cheers

Trev
Last edited by The Maverick on Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

oddly enough, I believe I found BTU thru LotB, myself: or was it that I was looking for LotB, and stumbled acrost BTu?

Either way, BTU has been 'home' since 2003.
And I support it as faithfully as I can.

Check into becoming a Knight of the Phoenix.

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

thatjimboguy
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by thatjimboguy »

Found you on google. I was trying to figure out if anybody knew what was going on with the MWDA novels, since I don't see any listings for new ones. Speaking of which....

Does anybody know anything?

John Davion
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by John Davion »

I was hunting for Federated Suns computer wallpaper. Any good places?

SamuraiJakk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

i'm new here so be gentle

Post by SamuraiJakk »

I found this site while searching on Google for BT web sites. I started playing back in '89 and after not playing for a few years am looking forward to getting back into it. 8)

Paint it Pink

Post by Paint it Pink »

I found this site through Google, my Google fu is strong. :wink:

Been lurking and finally decided to commit to joining as what I saw looked wicked awesome (as they now say?) :lol:

bobthedinosaur
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by bobthedinosaur »

i was searching for images of cbt mechs and vehs and ran across it by chance. hope to get more involved in the cbt communities.

a little about me, since this is kind of a hello thread?

i havent really played cbt, although i have bought all the TROs through the years as i have been tryign to create a RTS game for CBT. i have started with a project some of you may know as 'mechwars' not to be confused with mechwar. it was a total conversion for the RTS game called Total Annihilation that was released in 1997. It think its first beta release was in 99 or maybe 00. dont recall. any how it didnt get very far as team member went in and out. then a third party group named swedish yankspankers (weird name i know) mad of fans of TA (total annihilation) started to create a 3d port of the game which eventually lead to the free new game mod RTS engine known as 'spring' (im sure some ones heard of this) and am now workign on fixing up a version of a CBT mod for spring that has uses no material from the TA game and can be distributed freely among non TA owners for the spring engine.

but glad to see there are communities of cbt fans that are still active.

quick side question tho, the btu.org patch has a pic of a 'monster' destroid from the macross/robotech series, i know fasa took alot of anime designs for their art but is that also a cbt mech or for a fan based tro project?

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Typhoon »

I'd like to welcome all three of you to BTU and say I hope you enjoy your time spent here.

If you have any questions or problems please feel free to contact a moderator or me.

@bobthedinosaur,

The BTU patch is actually an "Almighty" which has some similarities to the old Macross/Robotech design. It was made into a mini by a couple of members of BTU and sold through a miniature maker, whose name escapes me presently (not enough coffee yet this A.M.). So it is a fan project based on an actual design.

PPCFodder

Post by PPCFodder »

I actually have been working with the guy who originally started this site for the past 6 months and he just happened to see the battlemech on my screen and we started talking.

I actually think I was a member here a few years back, but I can;t confirm that.....

Typhoon
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Typhoon »

Welcome aboard, PPCFodder.

So you work with Odysseus, huh. Say hello to him for us and tell him we are still here.

Centurion13
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Centurion13 »

Small world, ain't it?

Cent13

Guesclin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Guesclin »

I found this site by typing Battletech on google. It was the second option on the screen. Iliked this site better. :D

Paint it Pink

Post by Paint it Pink »

Welcome to the site. There is lots to check out, and more importantly don't be backward about coming forward and posting stuff. :?
The Unseen once seen cannot be unseen

http://panther6actual.blogspot.com/

Blackhawk01

Post by Blackhawk01 »

It's always good too see a new batch of members...old veterans and rookies alike!

Vapor
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Vapor »

Still alive, yes I'm still alive (though I highly doubt many remember me). I have been gone from BT for a few years (for shame, I know), but recently had my interest piqued again by an acquaintance in another forum (unfortunately I am not at liberty to discuss who or where at this time).

I have no idea how long I will stick around this time, but I will do my best to stay. I've said that before, and I've always been distracted by something else and wind up wandering away. Hopefully this time will be different.

My knowledge is woefully lacking now, so please don't expect me to contribute a great deal. :( It'll take me a while to get back up to speed I'm afraid.
"Target the Reavers. Target the Reavers! Target everyone! Somebody fire!"

thecircus
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by thecircus »

Well, welcome back. Hope you like what we have done to the place while you were gone. :lol: :lol:

Jeff
"This is Liberty Hall, You can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard!"

[fullalbumimg]3303[/fullalbumimg]
[fullalbumimg]3543[/fullalbumimg]

Steve Ronin
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Steve Ronin »

VAPOR!

dude, you HAVE been MIA for a LOOOOOONG time.... :lol:

Great to see you!

Stick around for a while.

*they made me a mod... you know this place is crazy now*

REPLY to RONIN'S RAMBLINGS HERE

Vapor
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Vapor »

:D It's good to be back, though I realized while I was at work today that I'm going to have to start from scratch with my BT novels and sourcebooks. I do not recall seeing any of them lately and I am positive they were in a box of books that my parents sold about 8 months ago. :(
"Target the Reavers. Target the Reavers! Target everyone! Somebody fire!"

Roadkill
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Post by Roadkill »

Exodus Road Link.

I've know about the site for ages, but this is what reminded/spurred me to join.