BTU Maintenance Saturday April 21st

The latest news & announcements at Battletech Universe.

Moderators: Ravion Hawk, shalom itay

Speck
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

BTU Maintenance Saturday April 21st

Post by Speck » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:00 pm

Due to various software not being supported any more and the versions of the frontend and forum moving on to newer versions I am going to take BTU down for several hours on Saturday April 21st, 2018. Another reason for the maintenance now is that there are issue on the backend that make it hard for certain functions of the forum to work correctly.

When the update is complete, there will just be a forum on BTU. The Frontend will disappear and have a portal page for the forum or a redirect to the forum index. The reason for this is that I do not have time to maintain a separate frontend here. Also on the forum side there will not be a gallery, metals, or group ranks. The metals and ranks might still be able to happen somehow on the new updated phpbb forum.

But my goal is to get the forum working 100% again since that is what the main draw has always been. There will also be some house keeping in some areas.
Site Administrator of Battletech Universe and Iron Wind Metals

"If you want Peace then you must prepare for War."

Speck
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: BTU Maintenance Saturday April 21st

Post by Speck » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:09 pm

Update is complete, forum has moved from the hpguplink folder to the main directory. I sent up redirects for that folder and support to go to the main directory. I moved the forum to the main directory since we will just have the forum for all of the website fuctions. Also the website is SSL only now.

I will have some house keeping to do on the backend with moving some old posts and such. That will continue for the next few days.

Also, you may need to re upload Avatars, some might have been removed.
Site Administrator of Battletech Universe and Iron Wind Metals

"If you want Peace then you must prepare for War."

Ravion Hawk
BTU Rank
BTU Rank

Re: BTU Maintenance Saturday April 21st

Post by Ravion Hawk » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:49 pm

NICE!!!

We have close to our old look back!
"I'm the Colonel of the Iron Ravens; when I end up behind the eight-ball I blast the thing with a Gauss rifle and move on."